Panel Discussion on Careers with the US Department of State
University of California San Diego, Otterson Hall (OTRSN), Room 1S114
July 14th, 6-7:30 pm
Map Link: http://act.ucsd.edu/maps/
The U.S. Department of State is dedicated to protecting and strengthening America’s interests abroad and right here at home. So whether advocating for women’s rights throughout the world, explaining American foreign policy to citizens of other countries, or protecting U.S. embassies from security threats, you can make a difference with the U.S. Department of State.
Please attend our panel discussion where you will have the opportunity to meet experienced Foreign Service Officers and explore student and career opportunities with the U.S. Department of State. Join Derwood (Woody) Staeben, Director of the Office of Recruitment, Examination & Employment,; Stacy Saravia, Acting Consular Chief at U.S. Consulate Tijuana; and David Bame, Foreign Policy Advisor to the Commander, U.S. Naval Special Warfare (Navy SEALS) to learn more about their experiences as U.S. diplomats and gain their insight into the various career opportunities with State. Melissa Martinez, Diplomat in Residence for Southern California will moderate the panel discussion.
You have graduated, now what? Opportunity is knocking, will you answer? You are invited to the Career Services Center Recruitment Day hosted by Robert Half.
Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Time: 1-2 p.m.
Location: Career Services Center
Join Robert Half at UC San Diego on June 14th for an informative discussion relating to local hiring trends and how to work with a staffing agency to successfully find a job in San Diego county! Join Jordan Quigley, Branch Manager – Assistant Vice President, and John Asdell, Metro Market Manager – Vice President, from Robert Half, for an overview of their company, benefits of working with a staffing firm, positions they staff for and how to become a candidate. Founded in 1948, Robert Half pioneered the concept of professional staffing services.
Space is limited! Reserve your space today!
There is an available Campus Rep Scholarship position with Wiley CPAexcel Review at your school.
The Wiley CPAexcel Campus Representative responsibilities are simple and will not take up much time from the student’s schedule at school. The primary role is to be the contact on campus for students that will be taking the CPA exam and need information on how to best prepare to succeed and pass the exam. In return, he or she will receive a Wiley CPAexcel Review Course scholarship for the complete course.
Wiley CPAexcel Campus Reps receive benefits that other review courses do not offer their Campus Reps:
- Immediate access to the review course. Use it as a resource to study for college exams.
- Course access and software never expire until one year after passing the CPA exam.
- Our course technology allows comprehensive CPA review to be realistically priced for students while also providing more features than other courses. Free, automatic content updates to the course until completing the CPA Exam.
For additional information on Wiley CPAexcel Review, the following link will present a short summary of course features:
or visit our website at:
Carla Ng (email@example.com) is the main contact for this opportunity.
This post is to inform you of an internship opportunity with the SDSU Athletics Compliance Office. This internship opportunity is expected to start on, or prior to, August 1, 2016. Please review the job description attached and complete the application along with submission of required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be submitted by June 10, 2016.
Marketing & Business Development Internship at Fast Growing Travel Startup
Tripcipe is an early stage travel startup co-founded by two Stanford graduates and a Sr. Director of UX at WalmartLabs. We are developing a travel web and mobile app to make trip planning easier (and more fun!), one traveler at a time.
We were incubated at StartX, Stanford’s accelerator program (http:/startx.stanford.edu/) and selected to be in Lightspeed Venture Partner’s Summer Fellowship Program (http://lsvp.com/summer-fellowships/). We are currently working out of Palo Alto, and have great access to some of industry’s best mentors on entrepreneurship and product development.
We are looking for a motivated full-time marketing / business development intern to assist with user acquisition. Our intern will work closely with the founders and gain real world experience on building relationships with travel and lifestyle bloggers and have the opportunity to take the lead on scaling our blogger partnership program.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Build relationships with bloggers and influencers via various channels of communication (blogs, travel forums, email, social media, etc.)
- Research and identify potential travel / lifestyle bloggers for partnership program
- Prepare Tripcipe materials for blogger outreach
- Take lead on onboarding new partners by assisting with initial account and trip creation
- Other marketing needs as they arise
- Familiarity with blogger communities
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
- An interest in travel is nice, but not required
- Experience working with fast growing start ups
Palo Alto, CA
Option to work remotely 1 day of the week
June – September 2016, with an opportunity to extend the internship into December 2016.
This is an unpaid internship. We are happy to work with your school’s program for internship credits.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- brief description of your interest in the position
- your resume
- a writing sample, preferably in a non-academic context (for instance, a letter or document you may have drafted for a previous job rather than a school term paper)
Thanks for your interest!
39 Celsius is a local online marketing agency in Rancho Bernardo with clients throughout the country, and internationally, in many different markets covering both B-to-B and B-to-C.
Because they are a relatively small agency, interns get plenty of real-world hands-on experience on projects, including Google Adwords/Analytics, social media mgt, SEO and more. They pay interns $10/hour. No prior online marketing experience is required.
What they’re looking for:
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- They don’t require specific majors and encourage both quantitative and humanities/writing oriented degrees.
- Photoshop experience a plus, not required
- HTML experience a plus, not required
- Pay: $10/hour
- Time commitment: 10 hours/week or more
- Location: we’re in Rancho Bernardo and Temecula
- When: they need someone to start asap
How to apply:
Visit, http://www.39celsius.com and submit a form from our website.
– Open to currently enrolled students working toward a degree (AA,AS, BA,BS, MS, PhD) in a field of business. Business may include (but is not limited to): Accounting, Advertising, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Human Resources, International Relations, Management, Political Science, Public Relations, etc.
– Minimum 3.0 GPA