Apply for AfterCollege Scholarships
AfterCollege scholarships are awarded to current students who stand out as future superstars in their field. Create a concise, yet impactful, profile showcasing your talents and passion for your field of study and you could be the next recipient!
The deadline to apply is June 30th
1. AfterCollege Business Student Scholarship
$500 – Open to currently enrolled students working toward a degree in a field of business. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
2. Mutual of Omaha Finance Careers Scholarship
$500 – Open to currently enrolled students working toward a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree in: Accounting, Actuarial Sciences, Banking, Economics, Finance, Financial Management, Insurance, Risk Management or related majors. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
3. Mutual of Omaha Sales & Marketing Student Scholarship
$500 – Open to currently enrolled students who are working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree and interested in a future career in sales or marketing. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN DIEGO EXTENSION
ENGLISH FOR ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (EAPD)
Do you need more confidence in your English speaking and writing skills for personal and professional development?
ACADEMIC AND BUSINESS WRITING:
• Academic Writing (3 units)
• Advanced Topics in Academic Writing
• Business Writing for Non-native English
Speakers (3 units)
• Scientific & Technical Writing for Nonnative
English Speakers (3 units)
• Topics in Writing Mechanics (1 unit)
CONVERSATION AND ORAL PRESENTATION:
• Advanced Conversation Improvement (not
• Conversation Improvement (not for credit)
• Effective Oral Presentation (3 units)
GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY:
• Grammar and Editing I (3 units)
• Grammar and Editing II (3 units)
• Grammar/Vocabulary Building (3 units)
• Topics in Advanced English Structure
PRONUNCIATION AND FLUENCY:
• Accent Modification Seminar (not for
• Advanced Pronunciation and Fluency
• Pronunciation and Fluency (3 units)
Enroll in one of University of California, San Diego Extension’s English language courses
offered in the evening to suit your busy schedule:
Please remember that UC San Diego full-time matriculated students are eligible for:
- 10% discount of up to $50 per quarter (proper ID must be presented in person at time of enrollment).
- $25 early enrollment discount on all 3-unit classes if register before June 10.
QUESTIONS? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the flyers:
Transportation Map with Hyperlinks
One of our partners UTC Aerospace Systems is currently seeking a local candidate for their Finance Rotation Program. For more information and to apply, please log in to Port Triton. Job #803829. Targeted start date: June 19.
This is a great opportunity!
We would like to invite you to attend a class activity in Tricia Bertram Gallant’s Personal Ethics at Work class. Her students are presenting posters designed to advise professionals on ethics-related topics and they want YOUR feedback!
2015-2016 Accounting Recruiting Timeline for UCSD
Summer 2015 ‐ Office Tours
Friday, June 12 – Spring Quarter ends
Fall 2015 – Meet the Firms, On‐Campus Interviews/Office Hours
Monday, August 17 – Early offers extended to Summer leadership candidates for Summer 2016 internships
Monday, September 21 – Fall Quarter begins
Thursday, September 24 ‐ Instruction begins
Monday, October 5‐Wednesday, October 7 & Monday, October 12 ‐ On‐Campus Office Hours
Tuesday, October 13 – Meet the Firms (Juniors and Seniors only)
Wednesday, October 14 ‐ Friday, October 23 ‐ On‐Campus Interviews
Friday, November 6 – Offer extended for Summer 2016 internships and Fall 2016 full‐time positions
Wednesday, November 11 – Veteran’s Day Holiday
Friday, November 20 – Deadline to accept offers for Summer 2016 internships and Fall 2016 full‐time positions
Thursday, November 26‐Friday, November 27 – Thanksgiving Holiday
Friday, December 4 – Instruction ends
Saturday, December 5‐Saturday, December 12 – Final Exams
Saturday, December 12 – Fall Quarter ends
Thursday, December 24‐Friday, December 25 – Christmas Holiday
Thursday, December 31‐Friday, January 1 – New Year Holiday
Winter 2016 – Big 4 Sophomore Leadership Forum, On‐Campus Interviews/Office Hours
Monday, January 4 – Winter Quarter begins
Monday, January 5 – Instruction begins
Monday, January 11 ‐ On‐Campus Interviews/Office Hours begin
Monday, January 18 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
Wednesday, February 10 – Big 4 Sophomore Leadership Forum
Monday, February 15 – President’s Day Holiday
Friday, March 4 – Last day for On‐Campus Interviews/Office Hours
Friday, March 11 – Instruction ends
Saturday, March 12‐Saturday, March 19 – Final Exams
Saturday, March 19 ‐ Winter Quarter Ends
Spring 2016 –Accounting Conference, On‐Campus Interviews/Office Hours
Thursday, March 24 ‐ Spring Quarter begins
Friday, March 25 – Cesar Chavez Holiday
Monday, March 28 – Instruction begins
Monday, April 4 ‐ On‐Campus Interviews/Office Hours begin
Thursday, May 12 – Accounting Conference
Friday, May 27 ‐ Last day for On‐Campus Interviews/Office Hours
Monday, May 30 – Memorial Day Observance
Friday, June 3 – Instruction ends
Saturday, June 4‐Friday, June 10 – Final Exams
Friday, June 10 – Spring Quarter ends
Saturday, June 11 Sunday, June 12 – Commencement
Dates subject to change. Please visit career.ucsd.edu for the most up‐to‐date information.
Just a friendly reminder to RSVP on Port Triton for the Webinar hosted by Goldman Sachs Alumni. I have included dial-in details below if you would like to join remotely. I have also attached a flyer with more information about Goldman Sachs.
Monday, June 1, 2015
Career Services Center, Round Room*
Alumni from Goldman Sachs will be presenting a webinar on the topic of building your resume and insights into interviewing at a Global Investment Banking Firm. After this webinar you will:
- Have knowledge of the experiences needed to gain to be a competitive candidate in an investment banking firm
- Be familiar with the technical skills necessary in the interview
- Learn more about the interview process
* To join the conference by phone:
Dial in: 1-212-902-4079
Participant Code: 962550163
Reserve your space today and RSVP on Port Triton.
Hope you can join us!
Check out the flyer: GoldmanSachs-Firmwide
Social Media Intern
Social Media Intern needed part time for ChileMonster.com, and VintageBelts.com, approx 10 hours/week. ($15/ hr).
I am looking for a driven Social Media Intern to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and networks users.
The goal is to gradually achieve superior customer engagement and intimacy, website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Proven experience in social media
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability
Interested students should respond to email@example.com