Invitation to the Conference for Research in the Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities (CRASSH) – March 17
Please join us!
MGT 16: Personal Ethics @ Work
Tuesday, March 14 at 5:15 pm
Wells Fargo Hall, 1N108
Visitors & Experts are needed to provide feedback and vote on the Most Attractive & Most Action Inspiring Posters
Some of the questions students will answer:
“Should the military recruit at high schools?”
“Is it right to purchase class notes?”
“Should paternity leave be equal to maternity leave?”
“Is it ethical to genetically modify soldiers?”
For more information, contact the instructor,
Come chat with staff from Summer Session, Housing, Financial Aid, and
Date: Thursday, March 2
Time: 11am AND 12:30pm
Location: Price Center West, Red Shoe Room (next to Shogun).
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE TO
Accounting & Finance Students and AFWA Members
What is AFWA?
The mission of AFWA San Diego is to enable women in all accounting and finance related fields to achieve their full personal, professional and economic potential and to contribute to the future development of their profession.
Members include partners in national, regional and local CPA firms, financial officers, controllers, academicians, staff accountants, financial analysts, data processing consultants, recent college graduates, students, and women returning to the work force.
The majority of our members have attained professional certifications such as CPA, CMA, CIA, and CFP.
The Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance (AFWA) currently have the following scholarship awards available for the 2017-2018 School Year are as follows:
- Master’s Degree Scholarship: One (1) $750 award to support the cost of attending a Master’s Program in accounting or finance.
- Undergraduate Scholarship: Two (2) $500 award to support the cost of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting, finance or related Bachelor’s degree.
- Associate or Certificate Scholarship: One (1) $250 award to support the cost of attending 1st or 2nd year when pursuing an accounting, finance or related Associates Degree or to support the cost of attending a Certificate program in Accounting.
In addition to the scholarship award, all scholarship recipients will be eligible to attend AFWA San Diego’s meetings and events at the member price for one year from the date of award.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in the appropriate educational program
- Applicants must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
How do I find out more and apply?
- Visit the San Deigo AFWA website at www.afwasandiego.org
- Flyer: scholarship-flyer-school-yr-2017-2018-final
- Application Form: form-sd-scholarship-app-fy17-18-final
Reminder: Submission deadline is on
February 28, 2017.
The Career Center is hiring for 2017-2018 Career Peer Educators.
Expecting to have 15 positions.
Position description can be found at
Students can apply at cpep.ucsd.edu. The deadline is April 3, 2017.
PARIS & STRASBOURG
MANAGEMENT: INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS LAW AND TAXATION
LIVE or ONLINE CLASSES AT UCLA: July 17 – 28
THREE WEEKS IN EUROPE: July 31 – August 19
Set in Paris, France and Strasbourg, France, this program offers students an indepth understanding of international regulation of business. The curriculum places special emphasis on the European Union and its regulatory scheme. The program is ideal for business or accounting students qualifying for the CPA exam or for pre-law students wanting exposure to the case briefing and legal analysis methodology used in law school. The program begins with four classes at UCLA (students may attend live or online) followed by three weeks in Paris and Strasbourg. The program also features many cultural and business visits in Paris, Loire Valle, Normandy, the EU parliament and Colmar. calendar-paris-2017
Courses are 4 quarter units each.
International Business Law: Management 109 syllabus-109-2017
International Taxation: Management 127C syllabus-mgmt127c-int-taxation-2017
Directed by Professor Gonzalo Freixes
Associate Dean, Fully Employed Program
UCLA Anderson School of Management