Seasonal Tax Services and Support Representative
San Diego, California
If you’re a highly motivated individual with a business background and excellent communication skills, we need you to help our customers complete their taxes using Turbo Tax. You’ll advance our goal of “doing the nation’s taxes” by providing expert guidance and explanations of tax and technical terms to our customers. You’ll also play an important role in our effort to enhance our brand by creating Turbo Tax “net promoters.” Please review the provided qualifications based on the job profile for this position.
– This is a seasonal customer facing position providing support to TurboTax customers and internal leadership.
– Will assist customers (via phone) who are working on their tax return with both product/software inquiries, as well as with tax questions and calculations.
– Will interact with internal leadership teams utilizing strong presentation skills to deliver and address ways to innovate.
– Actively contributes to the knowledge base content by linking, flagging and recommending updates.
– Represent the TurboTax brand and spirit by demonstrating empathy for the customer, empowering and partnering with the customer, personalizing the experience, and providing them the confidence that they can do their own taxes.
– College degree preferred. The ideal candidate will have a background in business, tax, accounting, or information technology.
– Experience preparing federal and state returns for individuals a plus
– Experience providing support in a call center environment a plus
– High level of acumen in the relevant computers, operating systems and software environment
– Must be able to type and 10-key by-touch while multi-tasking on the phone with customers
– Must present social confidence and desire to interact with different levels of leadership
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies To Work For” and Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies” lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It’s time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: http://jobs.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Want research experience in Psychology? Prof. Oveis and his research team at Rady are looking for volunteer research assistants interested in emotion, coding of behavior or speech, running and potentially designing experiments and working with PhD students, as well as Professors of Psychology. One of the goals of the research is to conduct studies on specific emotions in real-world settings over this coming year.
This is for the summer session, but there will be opportunity to continue into the Academic Year if these other projects interest you.
We need you ASAP. Ideally, we would like to train some people NEXT WEEK (June 29 – July 3), so contact us as soon as you can.
Please email the Lab Coordinator, Joseph Ocampo, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and two or three sentences about your interests in the lab.
If you are looking to create embedded electronics, mechanical devices, robotic contraptions, real-time / networking software, or 3D printed structures, look no further, they are here to help.
Apply for AfterCollege Scholarships
AfterCollege scholarships are awarded to current students who stand out as future superstars in their field. Create a concise, yet impactful, profile showcasing your talents and passion for your field of study and you could be the next recipient!
The deadline to apply is June 30th
1. AfterCollege Business Student Scholarship
$500 – Open to currently enrolled students working toward a degree in a field of business. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
2. Mutual of Omaha Finance Careers Scholarship
$500 – Open to currently enrolled students working toward a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree in: Accounting, Actuarial Sciences, Banking, Economics, Finance, Financial Management, Insurance, Risk Management or related majors. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
3. Mutual of Omaha Sales & Marketing Student Scholarship
$500 – Open to currently enrolled students who are working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree and interested in a future career in sales or marketing. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN DIEGO EXTENSION
ENGLISH FOR ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (EAPD)
Do you need more confidence in your English speaking and writing skills for personal and professional development?
ACADEMIC AND BUSINESS WRITING:
• Academic Writing (3 units)
• Advanced Topics in Academic Writing
• Business Writing for Non-native English
Speakers (3 units)
• Scientific & Technical Writing for Nonnative
English Speakers (3 units)
• Topics in Writing Mechanics (1 unit)
CONVERSATION AND ORAL PRESENTATION:
• Advanced Conversation Improvement (not
• Conversation Improvement (not for credit)
• Effective Oral Presentation (3 units)
GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY:
• Grammar and Editing I (3 units)
• Grammar and Editing II (3 units)
• Grammar/Vocabulary Building (3 units)
• Topics in Advanced English Structure
PRONUNCIATION AND FLUENCY:
• Accent Modification Seminar (not for
• Advanced Pronunciation and Fluency
• Pronunciation and Fluency (3 units)
Enroll in one of University of California, San Diego Extension’s English language courses
offered in the evening to suit your busy schedule:
Please remember that UC San Diego full-time matriculated students are eligible for:
- 10% discount of up to $50 per quarter (proper ID must be presented in person at time of enrollment).
- $25 early enrollment discount on all 3-unit classes if register before June 10.
QUESTIONS? Contact: email@example.com
Check out the flyers:
Transportation Map with Hyperlinks
One of our partners UTC Aerospace Systems is currently seeking a local candidate for their Finance Rotation Program. For more information and to apply, please log in to Port Triton. Job #803829. Targeted start date: June 19.
This is a great opportunity!
We would like to invite you to attend a class activity in Tricia Bertram Gallant’s Personal Ethics at Work class. Her students are presenting posters designed to advise professionals on ethics-related topics and they want YOUR feedback!