*Great opportunity for students in accounting to work on an audit/data spreadsheets*
The Center on Global Justice at UC San Diego has 2 undergraduate employment opportunities starting Winter Quarter.
These positions will report directly to the UC San Diego Health Energy Manager, who is responsible for energy and renewable energy design and operation of the UC San Diego Health System. UC San Diego Health is the medical care system of UC San Diego. The system includes two major hospitals – one in La Jolla and one in Hillcrest, as well as outpatient clinics, surgery centers, and medical office buildings.
The major tasks include the following:
Lighting Audit. Produce a brief report documenting results of a high level lighting audit of all UCSD Health facilities on the main Hillcrest and La Jolla campus. This report shall provide estimates of the number of existing lighting fixture types and their wattages, as well as an estimate of total energy use by lighting systems.
Energy Use Summary. Keep up-to-date spreadsheet on total monthly energy use, by energy feed, of the UCSD Health system. Produce a brief report demonstrating Energy Use Intensity (EUI) of all buildings in the systems, as data are available, as well as a comparison of UCSD Health building EUI’s to industry standards.
- Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be an organized self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Have confidenc working across the Microsoft suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, specifically experience using Excel spreadsheets to manipulate, analyze, and display data
- Must be detail oriented, resourceful and have good interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy
- Must pass physcial and TB test
- Must pay UCSD Student Services Fees each quarter working.
- Organization: Center on Global Justice at UCSD
- Job Function: Administrative
- Approximate Hours Per Week: Monday-Friday, 8 hours per week
- Desired Start Date: January 3, 2018
- Salary Level: $13.00/hr
Please email your resume and cover letter to Khushbu Gokalgandhi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is Friday December 8th!
Eakes & Company CPAs, located in La Jolla, is looking for a candidate to work 15 hours per week. It would be ideal if they could do the following:
- Quickbooks accounting and bookkeeping.
- Light individual tax preparation through our Lacerte tax system.
- Financial analysis for companies through our Profit sense program.
The rate of pay would be $15 per hour. If interested, please apply on Port Triton: https://ucsd-csm.symplicity.com/students/?mode=form&s=jobs&ss=jobs&id=8644466d02fd2a16ea0456f13b8571d2
Check out the website for more details! http://eakescpas.com/
UCSD application deadline is January 16th
Spend three weeks in Europe learning about the EU and International Regulation of Business. These classes count as Accounting or Ethics courses for the CPA exam. Additionally, the classes help students interested in a career in law learn the case briefing and legal analysis methods used in law school.
Plus, you’ll spend one month learning from one of UCLA Anderson’s most highly rated professors!
For more information, or to answer any questions you may have, please contact Professor Freixes at the following email address: email@example.com
For more information or to enroll in our program visit:
See the attached tentative calendar of classes and cultural visits.
Ignite Innovator & Entrepreneur Conference
March 6 – 7, 2018, 4:00pm – 5:30pm
Price Center, UC San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla CA 92093.
Register by January 1 for early-bird tickets to the University’s premier innovation conference!
Courses in the English for Academic and Professional Development (EAPD)program are a valuable resource to help increase academic success for students.
Courses are tailored to assist those high-intermediate to advanced level students seeking to improve their English language skills in four core areas:
- Academic, Business, and Technical Writing
- Conversation and Oral Presentation
- Grammar and Vocabulary
- Pronunciation and Fluency
Please find the new Winter 2018 English for Academic and Professional Development (EAPD) flyer attached which lists classes, days, times, and costs. Classes begin on Monday, January 8, 2018.
Courses that tend to be most useful for international students are:
- Effective Oral Presentation
- Grammar and Editing I
- Pronunciation and Fluency
- Scientific and Technical Writing for Non-native English Speakers
Please remember that UC San Diego full-time matriculated students are eligible for:
- 10% discount of up to $50 per quarter (proper ID must be presented in person at time of enrollment)
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a part-time corporate development intern to use analytical, technical and communication skills to support Fate’s corporate development activities. The successful candidate will work with cross-functional project teams, and interact with members of the scientific, clinical and executive leadership teams. This is a part-time position, reporting to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
See attached job description for more information:
Applicants should apply by sending their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.