Paradigm Talent Agency is still accepting applications for internships this Fall:
- Talent & Literary Representation Internship offered only in our Beverly Hills, CA office and New York City office locations.
- Concert Booking Internship in our Music Departments offered in the following locations: Los Angeles, Monterey, Nashville, New York, Chicago, and San Diego.
They are currently accepting applications and starting to schedule interviews in order to make offers to candidates by the end of June – early July at the latest.
In order to qualify, internship candidates must be enrolled in an accredited university. The internships are paid and can be full or part time depending. For example, they are hiring two full time Music Interns in our NY office to work Monday – Friday in addition to the part time interns. They are also interviewing to hire a full time Music Intern to work Monday – Friday in our Monterey office.
Fall Internship Start Date: End of August / First week of September
Fall Internship End Date: Friday – December 15, 2017
Below are the specific online application links for each internship / location for your convenience. We ask that students apply via the link before an interview.
Talent & Literary Internships:
- Beverly Hills, CA – https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=paradi1&jobId=88875&lang=en_US
- New York, NY: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=paradi1&jobId=88875&lang=en_US
- Los Angeles, CA: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=paradi1&jobId=89546&lang=en_US&source=CC11
- San Diego, CA: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=paradi1&jobId=178229&lang=en_US&source=CC2
- Nashville, TN: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=paradi1&jobId=89547&lang=en_US&source=CC12
- New York, NY: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=paradi1&jobId=89527&lang=en_US&source=CC9
- Chicago, IL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=paradi1&jobId=178072&lang=en_US&source=CC2
- Monterey, CA: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=paradi1&jobId=89528&lang=en_US&source=CC10
Check out the internship job descriptions:
Summer 2017 – English for Academic and Professional Development (EAPD) for non-native English speaking students
The evening courses in the English for Academic and Professional Development (EAPD) program are a valuable resource to help increase academic success. Courses are tailored to assist those students seeking to improve their English language skills in four core areas: Academic & Business Writing, Conversation & Oral Presentation, Grammar & Vocabulary, and Pronunciation & Fluency.
Please find the new SU17 English for Academic and Professional Development (EAPD) flyer attached which lists classes, days, times, and costs. Classes begin on Monday, July 3, 2017.
Courses that tend to be most useful for international students are:
- Academic Writing
- Advanced Pronunciation and Fluency
- Effective Oral Presentation
- Pronunciation and Fluency
- Scientific and Technical Writing for Non-native English Speakers
Please remember that UC San Diego full-time matriculated students are eligible for:
- 10% discount of up to $50 per quarter (proper ID must be presented in person at time of enrollment)
Check out the flyer! SU17 EAPD Flyer
The Design Lab will be hosting Sam Ladah, IBM Talent and HR Vice President, on Friday, June 9th from 12:00 – 1:00pm for a discussion with UCSD students.
Space is limited to the first 40 students. Please arrive early! A small lunch will be served. The event is not open to the general public.
Topic: Sam Ladah will discuss with students what differentiates IBM in the tech industry, and how you can get ahead! Come with questions you might have about the tech industry and IBM.
Eventbrite Link: https://designlab-ladah-ibm.eventbrite.com
A Message from the Westly Foundation:
“We believe that small bets and a growth mindset lead to breakthrough discoveries. Since 2012, we have awarded cash prizes once a year to young innovators in California with novel solutions to community challenges. We’re looking for creative leaders who are early in their journey, and have not yet received major recognition or substantial outside investment, but have prototyped their solution and show great potential. Because we value inventive problem-solving, we place no restrictions on the types of social issues our innovators choose to address. Non-profits, for-profits, and hybrid organizations are welcome, so long as the innovation is grounded in a strong social purpose.
The San Diego Regional EDC is hosting an event at Atkinson Hall/Calit2 on May 22nd for high school and university students focused on game design. The even, Link2 Game Design, will feature a Calit2 tour, panel discussion, networking lunch and demo session!
Horizons of Global Health Research Symposium & Study Abroad Field Experience Expo – May 9th, 12-3pm, Great Hall
Are you interested in studying abroad in a health related field or learning about the diversity of Global Health research done around the world?
From 12:00 – 1:30pm attend the Horizons Research Symposium in conjunction with the Study Abroad Field Experience Expo.
View students’ research posters and visit with Study Abroad partners offering hands on experience and opportunities to study abroad and gain hands on experience in the field.
At 1:30pm, Keynote Speaker, Dr. Ebi, Director of Center for Health and the Global Environment (CHanGE) from the University of Washington will address the topic of “Global Health and Climate Change.”