*Great opportunity for students in accounting to work on an audit/data spreadsheets*
The Center on Global Justice at UC San Diego has 2 undergraduate employment opportunities starting Winter Quarter.
These positions will report directly to the UC San Diego Health Energy Manager, who is responsible for energy and renewable energy design and operation of the UC San Diego Health System. UC San Diego Health is the medical care system of UC San Diego. The system includes two major hospitals – one in La Jolla and one in Hillcrest, as well as outpatient clinics, surgery centers, and medical office buildings.
The major tasks include the following:
Lighting Audit. Produce a brief report documenting results of a high level lighting audit of all UCSD Health facilities on the main Hillcrest and La Jolla campus. This report shall provide estimates of the number of existing lighting fixture types and their wattages, as well as an estimate of total energy use by lighting systems.
Energy Use Summary. Keep up-to-date spreadsheet on total monthly energy use, by energy feed, of the UCSD Health system. Produce a brief report demonstrating Energy Use Intensity (EUI) of all buildings in the systems, as data are available, as well as a comparison of UCSD Health building EUI’s to industry standards.
- Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be an organized self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Have confidenc working across the Microsoft suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, specifically experience using Excel spreadsheets to manipulate, analyze, and display data
- Must be detail oriented, resourceful and have good interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy
- Must pass physcial and TB test
- Must pay UCSD Student Services Fees each quarter working.
- Organization: Center on Global Justice at UCSD
- Job Function: Administrative
- Approximate Hours Per Week: Monday-Friday, 8 hours per week
- Desired Start Date: January 3, 2018
- Salary Level: $13.00/hr
Please email your resume and cover letter to Khushbu Gokalgandhi at email@example.com.
Deadline is Friday December 8th!