AFWA Scholarship Opportunities for the 2017-2018 year
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE TO
Accounting & Finance Students and AFWA Members
What is AFWA?
The mission of AFWA San Diego is to enable women in all accounting and finance related fields to achieve their full personal, professional and economic potential and to contribute to the future development of their profession.
Members include partners in national, regional and local CPA firms, financial officers, controllers, academicians, staff accountants, financial analysts, data processing consultants, recent college graduates, students, and women returning to the work force.
The majority of our members have attained professional certifications such as CPA, CMA, CIA, and CFP.
The Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance (AFWA) currently have the following scholarship awards available for the 2017-2018 School Year are as follows:
- Master’s Degree Scholarship: One (1) $750 award to support the cost of attending a Master’s Program in accounting or finance.
- Undergraduate Scholarship: Two (2) $500 award to support the cost of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting, finance or related Bachelor’s degree.
- Associate or Certificate Scholarship: One (1) $250 award to support the cost of attending 1st or 2nd year when pursuing an accounting, finance or related Associates Degree or to support the cost of attending a Certificate program in Accounting.
In addition to the scholarship award, all scholarship recipients will be eligible to attend AFWA San Diego’s meetings and events at the member price for one year from the date of award.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in the appropriate educational program
- Applicants must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
How do I find out more and apply?
- Visit the San Deigo AFWA website at www.afwasandiego.org
- Flyer: scholarship-flyer-school-yr-2017-2018-final
- Application Form: form-sd-scholarship-app-fy17-18-final