Apply for AfterCollege Scholarships
AfterCollege Scholarships are awarded to current students who stand out as future superstars in their field.
Create a concise, yet impactful, profile showcasing your talents and passion for your field of study, and you could be the next recipient!
Next Deadline December 31st
AfterCollege Business Student Scholarship
$500 – Open to currently enrolled students working toward a degree (AA,AS, BA,BS, MS, PhD) in a field of business. Business may include (but is not limited to): Accounting, Advertising, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Human Resources, International Relations, Management, Political Science, Public Relations, etc. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
AfterCollege Sales & Marketing Student Scholarship
$500 – Open to currently enrolled students who are working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree and interested in a future career in sales or marketing. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
AfterCollege Succurro Scholarship
$500 – Open to currently enrolled students in an accredited program, working toward a degree (AA, AS, BA, BS, MA, MS, MFA, PhD, MD, JD, etc.) in any discipline. Minimum 2.5 GPA.
MGT 117: Business Law
Winter 2017 ǀ Tuesdays 5:00 – 7:50 pm ǀ 4 Units ǀ Prof. Nancy Kim
- MGT117, Section ID 897941
- Otterson Hall 1S113
- Business Elective • E&I Elective
- Prerequisite = Upper Division Standing (90 passed units)
Focuses on elements of business law that are essential for the basic management of business operations. Topics include the law of contracts, sales, partnership, corporations, bankruptcy, and securities. Students will also gain knowledge of intellectual property law and dispute resolution.
Questions? Send a message to Rady Undergrad Programs on the Virtual Advising Center (VAC).
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE TO:
Accounting & Finance Students and AFWA Members
What is AFWA?
The mission of AFWA San Diego is to enable women in all accounting and finance related fields to achieve their full personal, professional and economic potential and to contribute to the future development of their profession.
Members include partners in national, regional and local CPA firms, financial officers, controllers, academicians, staff accountants, financial analysts, data processing consultants, recent college graduates, students, and women returning to the work force.
The majority of our members have attained professional certifications such as CPA, CMA, CIA, and CFP.
The Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance (AFWA) currently have the following scholarship awards available:
Scholarship awards available from the AFWA San Diego Chapter for the 2017-2018 School Year are as follows:
- Master’s Degree Scholarship: One (1) $750 award to support the cost of attending a Master’s Program in accounting or finance.
- Undergraduate Scholarship: Two (2) $500 award to support the cost of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting, finance or related Bachelor’s degree.
- Associate or Certificate Scholarship: One (1) $250 award to support the cost of attending 1st or 2nd year when pursuing an accounting, finance or related Associates Degree or to support the cost of attending a Certificate program in Accounting.
In addition to the scholarship award, all scholarship recipients will be eligible to attend AFWA San Diego’s meetings and events at the member price for one year from the date of award.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in the appropriate educational program
- Applicants must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
How do I find out more and apply?
- Specific scholarship criteria as well as the Scholarship Application can be found by visiting the AFWA San Diego website at www.afwasandiego.org
Deadline for applying is FEBRUARY 28, 2017. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered. Questions may be directed to Pebbles Dumon, AFWA Treasurer & Scholarship Chair, at email@example.com.
More information here:
Do you have an idea that solves a business or social challenge? UC San Diego Innovation, The Basement, and UC San Diego’s entrepreneurial community are calling all undergraduate student inventors, problem solvers and entrepreneurs to apply for a chance to win up to $2,000 to use for building their inventions, mentoring, and resources. The cash prize for the first round is up to $2,000. Winners that go on to the next round can get up to $3,000 in additional funding.
Social Innovation Projects (projects that may have a social impact)
Innovative Projects (general track for all other innovative projects)
Apply online at: http://www.ucsdbasement.com/#pocapply-1