Job Opportunity: The Startup Garage Part Time Business Consultant
Startup Business Consultant
The Startup Garage is seeking a Part Time Business Consultant. This role will have the opportunity to work directly with many entrepreneurs and exciting startup businesses from a variety of industries including web and mobile, software and hardware, consumer products, brick-and-mortar retail, clothing and fashion, food products, restaurants, and more. The Startup Garage specialized in providing a full suite of services designed to help startups attract investment and get out of the “garage.” This person will benefit from learning about Startups from experienced team members, get direct experience working with clients and work in a casual beachside environment.
The business consultant will play an integral role in the development of business plans, including both the business plan writing and research, as well as the financial projection modeling. Research will be primarily focused on industry, market, and competitive research.
This role will participate in strategy meetings with the client and provide ad hoc consulting services to our clients as needed. This role will work closely with the President of The Startup Garage.
As a service-orientated company, this role will be expected to meet client timelines and expectations.
Qualification and Requirements:
– MBA or current MBA student preferred
– BA in Finance or Accounting.
– Strong understanding of and interest in business (experience with startups preferred)
– Strong business writing skills
– Strong understanding of accounting and finance with direct experience in creating financial models
– Experience in project and client management
– Advanced proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
– Skills and traits that are required to be successful in this role include: attention to detail, time and project management, pride in your work, quick learning, ability to work independently and in team environment, positive attitude, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication, and analytical thinking.
$18 – $20 per hour.
This position will start Part Time 10-20 hours per week. For the right person this has the opportunity to go full time. Work will be done in the Encinitas office.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. We will reach out to all qualified candidates. Please do not call to inquire about the position.
Startup Business Consultant – read more about the job