MGT139: Accounting Information Systems – Offered Fall 2016!
Attention Accounting Students:
Rady Undergraduate Programs will be offering a new accounting elective for the first time in the fall 2016 quarter – MGT139: Accounting Information Systems. The prerequisites for the fall quarter will be modified so that students are eligible to enroll if you have completed MGT131B: Intermediate Accounting B. (You do not need to have also taken MGT138; that prerequisite will be waived for fall 2016).
If you are interested in taking MGT139 in the fall 2016 quarter, then email email@example.com with your name and PID and request to be pre-authorized.
Why study Accounting Information Systems?
- It’s a subject covered on the CPA exam!
- Sought after knowledge by accounting firms
- Makes you a competitive candidate to recruiters
MGT139: Accounting Information Systems will cover the following key concepts:
- Understanding of transaction cycles (e.g., sales orders and purchase orders)
- Processing steps and internal controls
- Developing flowcharts
- Processing transactions in a manual accounting information system
- Analyzing transaction data using Microsoft Excel
- Earn 4 units toward CPA educational requirements!
- Meets: Thursdays 5:00pm – 7:50pm at Rady (OTRSN 1S114)
- Section ID: 884024
- Instructor: Professor Johan Perols