Paid Summer Internship Opportunity – Internal Audit
A paid summer internship with an internal audit team at Realty Income corporate headquarters in San Diego.
Realty Income is seeking a summer intern to join our internal audit team. This paid internship will provide in-depth exposure to the internal auditing profession and an opportunity to learn more about the day-to-day responsibilities of an internal auditor. This intern will work with internal audit team members and learn how to apply concepts of risk assessment and how to design and perform audit procedures responsive to those risks. This internship will also provide exposure to issues shaping and affecting the profession today as well as topics related to personal career development.
The role is located at Realty Income’s corporate headquarters. At the end of the internship, the intern will have an understanding of internal audit professional standards, interview skills, identifying risks and internal controls to mitigate risks and have experience in the real estate industry.
Specifically this position will be responsible for:
- Assist with audit planning.
- Identify risks and internal controls to mitigate those risks.
- Perform walkthroughs, testing, and analysis to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Prepare business process documentation (narratives, process flows, interviews notes).
- Provide value added recommendations to improve processes.
- Identify reportable issues, perform root cause analysis, and establish remediation requirements.
- Communicate audit results to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, technology or related field (junior or senior standing).
- Strong academic credentials (minimum GPA of 3.2).
- Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, university jobs).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strategic, creative, and critical thinker with the ability to synthesize complex information.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of leadership.
- A quick learner that displays excellent judgment and problem solving skills.
- A team player who displays self confidence, encourages collaboration, and establishes credibility that earns the trust of superiors and peers.
- Knowledge of audit methodologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of manual and automated systems of internal control.
- Demonstrated integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.