A paid summer internship with an internal audit team at Realty Income corporate headquarters in San Diego.
Realty Income is seeking a summer intern to join our internal audit team. This paid internship will provide in-depth exposure to the internal auditing profession and an opportunity to learn more about the day-to-day responsibilities of an internal auditor. This intern will work with internal audit team members and learn how to apply concepts of risk assessment and how to design and perform audit procedures responsive to those risks. This internship will also provide exposure to issues shaping and affecting the profession today as well as topics related to personal career development.
The role is located at Realty Income’s corporate headquarters. At the end of the internship, the intern will have an understanding of internal audit professional standards, interview skills, identifying risks and internal controls to mitigate risks and have experience in the real estate industry.
Specifically this position will be responsible for:
- Assist with audit planning.
- Identify risks and internal controls to mitigate those risks.
- Perform walkthroughs, testing, and analysis to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Prepare business process documentation (narratives, process flows, interviews notes).
- Provide value added recommendations to improve processes.
- Identify reportable issues, perform root cause analysis, and establish remediation requirements.
- Communicate audit results to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, technology or related field (junior or senior standing).
- Strong academic credentials (minimum GPA of 3.2).
- Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, university jobs).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strategic, creative, and critical thinker with the ability to synthesize complex information.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of leadership.
- A quick learner that displays excellent judgment and problem solving skills.
- A team player who displays self confidence, encourages collaboration, and establishes credibility that earns the trust of superiors and peers.
- Knowledge of audit methodologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of manual and automated systems of internal control.
- Demonstrated integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Rady Undergraduate Advising is pleased to announce Tristan Britt is the winner of the 2016 Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Scholarship. Tristan is a Management Science major with a minor in accounting. He will be honored at a luncheon on May 11th hosted by the IIA. Congratulations Tristan!
The Defense Contract Audit Agency will be hiring 300 new auditors agency wide. The Defense Contract Audit Agency will issue a Job Opportunity Announcement on USA Jobs on May 1, 2016, under vacancy announcement number D-DCAA-1687256-16.
The Undergraduate Communication Society would like to formally invite you to our most highly anticipated event of the school year, our Careers in Communication Mixer. This event will take place on Wednesday, May 4th at 7:00PM at the Green Room at RIMAC Arena.
This is a chance for students to network with REAL professionals who work in industries related to PR/Marketing/Law and more! This event will feature professionals from GoPro, NBC, Hewlett-Packard and more to come. Additionally, there will be a:
-Short panel introduction
-Opportunity to talk personally with professionals in groups
Fill out this RSVP form to reserve your spot: http://goo.gl/forms/Nd9XvU5PRL
For more information and updates on the guest list, see our Facebook Event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1163409470349374/1165708896786098/
Hope to see you there!
The Undergraduate Communication Society
Join the Undergraduate Accounting Society for its 6th annual Accounting Conference on Tuesday, May 10th from 4:30pm to 8:00pm at PC Theater. The purpose of this event is to help students break into the accounting world with two workshops on how to create a professional image and personal brand. Students will also learn more about the upcoming fall recruitment season, as well as have an opportunity to network with professionals and recruiters from prestigious firms.
List of Attending Firms: EY, KPMG, Deloitte, Moss Adams, BDO, RSM (McGladrey), AKT, Duffy & Kruspodin, Lindsay & Brownell, TGG, and GPW.
Student check-in begins at PC Theater at 4:30pm. Professional attire is required to attend this event.To secure your spot, please RSVP at http://www.ucsduas.com/accounting-conference.html.
If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to get paid to participate in research?? The Rady Incentives Lab is looking for research participants! The Incentives Lab is another lab space at Rady that runs research similar to the Behavioral Lab. These studies will not get you course credit, but you will always be paid. The Incentives Lab will start running studies on 4/11/16 and is open to any UCSD student! To sign up, create a new Sona account at: https://rady.sona-systems.com/ or contact lab manager, Austin Henderson, with any questions at: email@example.com
Check out the flyer: Incentives_Lab_flier
** The Incentives Lab is different from the Rady Behavioral Lab.