Study Abroad to enhance your career development
Date: Monday, February 1, 2016
Location: Career Services Center Horizon Room
In collaboration with Study Abroad at UC San Diego office
Snacks and refreshments will be provided
This session will focus on how study abroad can contribute towards your career development.
Learn how to translate these experiences onto your resume and into your interview and networking conversations.
We also have a number of upcoming workshops on topics such as careers in political science, careers in education and counseling as well health advising programs. For up to date information on our upcoming workshop, more information can be found at http://career.ucsd.edu/events.html.
Nestlé USA has just opened the application for the 2016 Nestlé Diversity Leadership Symposium (DLS). This is a 4-day business program targeting diverse undergraduate student leaders interested in a career in business and jump starting a possible career with Nestlé USA. At the 8th annual Nestlé DLS participants will:
- Gain invaluable exposure to life and careers with the world’s largest food and beverage company
- Network with key employees, including members of the Nestlé USA Executive Leadership Team
- Partake in leadership development skill sessions
- Give back to the community by utilizing their leadership skills in a volunteer activity
- Build a network of peers from universities across the nation
- Interview for a full-time development program or summer 2017 internship, returning to school with the chance of a job offer and scholarship offer in hand
- Must graduate between December 2016 and June 2018
- Résumé and experience must demonstrate leadership and a commitment to diversity & inclusion
- Must be eligible and interested in one of our undergraduate programs in the following business functions: Finance/Accounting, Operations/Engineering, Sales, Supply Chain/Procurement
- Must successfully complete a phone interview
A limited number of students will be selected for this unique opportunity. The program will take place August 16 – 19, 2016 at the Nestlé USA headquarters in Glendale, California. See website and brochure for further criteria and program details.
APPLY TODAY: www.nestle.fluidreview.com
DLS Application Deadline: April 12, 2016
Attention Rady Undergraduate Minors:
Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance (AFWA) have scholarship opportunities for the 2016 – 2017 academic school year. Below are the scholarship information flyer and the scholarship application form.
Application Deadline is February 29, 2016.
Dear UCSD undergrads:
Summer consulting internships available for fall 2016 or 2017 grads at MERCER LLC -all majors accepted. For details and to apply (please include GPA and SAT/ACT score in your resume), log in to your UCSD Port Triton account. Apply by 11:00pm, Thursday, January 28.
Any question please, contact Ayubb Bokhari ’14, consultant, MERCER LA, or Joe Cribari
Associate Director, Employer & Alumni Relations
The Springboard Foundation has a sole mission to provide scholarships for college students with disabilities. The 2016 application process is now open and we hope that your students will be interested in applying. To learn more and apply for a 2016 scholarship, please visit www.thespringboardfoundation.org
New Entrepreneur Innovation Series Launches Jan. 28
WHAT: Business Strategies for Intellectual Property in the Knowledge Economy
WHEN: Thursday, January 28, 2016 – 5:30pm to 7:30pm
WHERE: The Basement – lowest level of Mandeville Center
No fee to attend.
The UC San Diego Office of Innovation and Commercialization is launching a program of seminars and workshops called the “Innovation Series–The Entrepreneur Toolkit.” The series will provide information and tools to help campus entrepreneurs better navigate the process of innovation from ideation to forming a new company. The first seminar, “Business Strategies for Intellectual Property in the Knowledge Economy,” will be held from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Jan. 28 at the UC San Diego Basement. Learn More »
Attention Rady Undergraduate Students:
David Corsi, President of Oceani Global and a guest speaker in undergraduate classes is seeking an intern. Below are the details of the position:
- 6-8 hours per week (no specific time- work around your schedule)
- Solana Beach office 300 yards from the beach
- Working with Footwear and Apparel sourcing partners in China
- Putting together spread sheets on pricing and development projects
- Looking over footwear and apparel samples
- Being involved in development of these products
- Emailing and working with suppliers in China, Mexico and Vietnam Shipping merchandise to customers
- Will teach this person the entire development process for footwear and apparel (will be working with a 30 year veteran in the footwear and apparel business that has worked with Nike, Converse, New Balance and Skechers etc)
- Will work with designers in San Diego, Miami and Hong Kong After 6 months if the applicant does a satisfactory performance, the owner will take this intern for 10-12 days to meet all suppliers in Hong Kong, China, and Vietnam: All expenses paid Looking for an upward mobile person to fill this spot
Interested? Send your resume to: email@example.com