National Investment Banking Competition 2016 – Confirmation of Dates and Opening of Registration
Competition registration is now officially open and students can register at www.nibc.ca . Please find below some key information about NIBC 2016:
- Teams can either be three or four members and can register at www.nibc.ca
- $100 early bird registration fee
- Estimated $15,000 prize pool awarded to winning teams
- Separate Undergraduate and Graduate divisions
- Qualifying teams are invited to compete in the Final Round, which takes place from March 30th – 31stin Vancouver
We have been working diligently in collaboration with our Board to accommodate all parties involved with NIBC to ensure the most favorable date was chosen for the 2016 event. After reviewing the academic calendars for our partner schools and seeking input from our corporate sponsors and partners, we are delighted to confirm that the Final Round and conference of NIBC 2016 will take place on March 30th and 31st 2016.
A more detailed timeline of the National Investment Banking Competition can be found below:
|Registration Deadline:||October 12, 2015|
|First Round Case Dissemination:||October 19, 2015|
|Electronic Case Submission:||November 16, 2015|
|Finalist Announcement:||January 2016|
|Final Round:||March 30 – 31, 2016|
The timeline for this year¹s competition offers significant benefits when compared to other viable options and will help ensure that NIBC 2016 is our highest quality event yet.
- Mitigates potential complications for those traveling in winter weather conditions
- Does not conflict with the majority of schools¹ midterm or final exams
- Competition will better accommodate schools that utilize the quarter system
- Competitors will be better equipped to extrapolate and apply skills developed in the classroom
- Better professional attendance as March is typically a ³low period² for banking
About the Case Creation:
The cases are prepared by investment banking professionals from firms including Macquarie Capital, RBC Capital Markets, BMO Capital Markets, KKR, and Evercore Partners. The cases are designed to give students hands-on insights into the actual work of investment banking Analysts, Associates, and Vice Presidents. This includes, but is not limited to financial modeling, evaluation of financing structures, and delivery of client presentations.
Check out the flyers: