2015-2016 Accounting Recruitment Calendar
Summer 2015 – Office Tours
• Friday, June 12 – Spring quarter ends
• Monday, July 20 – Registration for Meet the Firms opens
Fall 2015 – Meet the Firms, On-Campus Interviews/Office Hours*
• Monday, August 17 – Early offers extended to Summer leadership candidates for Summer 2016 internships
• Friday, August 28 – Deadline for Summer 2015 Interns to accept offers for Fall 2016 full-time positions.
• Monday, August 31 – Registration deadline for Meet the Firms
• Monday, September 21 – Fall quarter begins
• Thursday, September 24 – Instruction begins
• Monday, October 5-Wednesday, October 7 & Monday, October 12 – On-Campus Office Hours*
• Tuesday, October 13 – Meet the Firms (Juniors and Seniors only)
• Wednesday, October 14 – Friday, October 23 – On-Campus Interviews*
• Friday, November 6 – Offer extended for Summer 2016 internships and Fall 2016 full-time positions
• Wednesday, November 11 – Veteran’s Day Holiday
• Friday, November 20 – Deadline to accept offers for Summer 2016 internships and Fall 2016 full-time positions
• Thursday, November 26-Friday, November 27 – Thanksgiving Holiday
• Friday, December 4 – Instruction ends
• Saturday, December 5-Saturday, December 12 – Final exams
• Saturday, December 12 – Fall quarter ends
• Thursday, December 24-Friday, December 25 – Christmas Holiday
• Thursday, December 31-Friday, January 1 – New Year Holiday
Winter 2016 – Big 4 Sophomore Leadership Forum, On-Campus Interviews/Office Hours*
• Monday, January 4 – Winter quarter begins
• Monday, January 5 – Instruction begins
• Monday, January 11 – On-Campus Interviews/Office Hours begin*
• Monday, January 18 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
• Wednesday, February 10 – Big 4 Sophomore Leadership Forum
• Monday, February 15 – President’s Day Holiday
• Friday, March 4 – Last day for On-Campus Interviews/Office Hours*
• Friday, March 11 – Instruction ends
• Saturday, March 12-Saturday, March 19 – Final exams
• Saturday, March 19 – Winter quarter ends
Spring 2016 –Accounting Conference, On-Campus Interviews/Office Hours*
• Thursday, March 24 – Spring quarter begins
• Friday, March 25 – Cesar Chavez Holiday
• Monday, March 28 – Instruction begins
• Monday, April 4 – On-Campus Interviews/Office Hours begin*
• End of April/Early May – Accounting Recruiters’ Roundtable
• Thursday, May 12 – Accounting Conference
• Friday, May 27 – Last day for On-Campus Interviews/Office Hours*
• Monday, May 30 – Memorial Day Observance
• Friday, June 3 – Instruction ends
• Saturday, June 4-Friday, June 10 – Final exams
• Friday, June 10 – Spring quarter ends
• Saturday, June 11 Sunday, June 12 – Commencement
Through a reciprocal arrangement with the University, UCSD Extension offers a limited number of student grants to full-time UCSD students. Each quarter, students can pick up a student grant voucher, good for up to $500 off of one course (students pay anything over that amount).
Undergraduate students pick up their vouchers in the Extension Student Services office during the weeks specified below. Vouchers are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last. Students must show up in person and show student identification to receive a voucher, no exceptions. Students graduating in the spring are not eligible for summer vouchers.
Fall 2015: September 21 – 25, 2015
Winter 2016: November 16 – 20, 2016
Spring 2016: February 29 – March 4, 2016
M thru Th 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
F 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
*Sa 8:00 a.m.-12:00 n.
UCSD Extension, La Jolla Campus
9600 N. Torrey Pines Rd., Student Services Building C
La Jolla, CA 92037
Phone: (858) 534-3400
Fax: (858) 534-8527
In addition, students can apply for UCSD Extension scholarships:
Contact UCSD Extension Student Services at (858) 534-3400 or email@example.com.
Seasonal Tax Services and Support Representative
San Diego, California
If you’re a highly motivated individual with a business background and excellent communication skills, we need you to help our customers complete their taxes using Turbo Tax. You’ll advance our goal of “doing the nation’s taxes” by providing expert guidance and explanations of tax and technical terms to our customers. You’ll also play an important role in our effort to enhance our brand by creating Turbo Tax “net promoters.” Please review the provided qualifications based on the job profile for this position.
– This is a seasonal customer facing position providing support to TurboTax customers and internal leadership.
– Will assist customers (via phone) who are working on their tax return with both product/software inquiries, as well as with tax questions and calculations.
– Will interact with internal leadership teams utilizing strong presentation skills to deliver and address ways to innovate.
– Actively contributes to the knowledge base content by linking, flagging and recommending updates.
– Represent the TurboTax brand and spirit by demonstrating empathy for the customer, empowering and partnering with the customer, personalizing the experience, and providing them the confidence that they can do their own taxes.
– College degree preferred. The ideal candidate will have a background in business, tax, accounting, or information technology.
– Experience preparing federal and state returns for individuals a plus
– Experience providing support in a call center environment a plus
– High level of acumen in the relevant computers, operating systems and software environment
– Must be able to type and 10-key by-touch while multi-tasking on the phone with customers
– Must present social confidence and desire to interact with different levels of leadership
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies To Work For” and Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies” lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It’s time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: http://jobs.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability