CalCPA San Diego Chapter’s scholarship program – Deadline is April 30th!
The CalCPA San Diego Chapter’s scholarship program helps promote the future of the CPA profession, provide
financial support to meritorious students, encourage student/candidate members of CalCPA and enhance
CalCPA’s visibility at colleges and universities. Based on the pool of qualified applicants, one individual may be
selected from each of the following institutions: California State University, San Marcos, National University,
San Diego State University, University of California, San Diego, University of San Diego and a local community
college. Additional recipients may be selected by the chapter’s Scholarship Committee based on merit or need.
Scholarship amounts may vary between $500 and $5,000 per individual.
• CalCPA student or candidate member.
• Full- or part-time undergraduate or graduate student attending a university, college or community
college within the geographical boundaries of the San Diego Chapter.
• Enrolled in at least nine quarter units or six semester units, with at least one quarter/semester remaining
in their academic program. (Community college students must intend to transfer to a four-year institution)
• Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
Where to apply:
• Apply through the accounting department of the school if you attend one of the following: CSUSM, SDSU or
• Apply through the CalCPA San Diego Chapter if you are attending: National University, UCSD or any of the
Submit with application:
• Official transcripts from all colleges and universities that you have attended.
• Résumé, which should include relevant internships or accounting experience, involvement in
extracurricular college activities, community service and any honors or awards received.
• One letter of recommendation from a professor/instructor (must have taken the course during 2014 or
• One letter of recommendation from an employer/supervisor (paid or volunteer employment during 2014 or
• A personal statement of no more than 500 words indicating your plan for entrance to the profession and
licensure; the reasons that you chose accounting; any CalCPA involvement or participation in organizations
that have shown a commitment to the accounting profession.
• All resources that you are using to finance your education. Please provide award letters if you are receiving
financial aid and approval documents if you are receiving loans.
Are you a CalCPA member? Student membership is FREE.
Check out the flyer and application here: SD_Scholarship