Bridge Education Abroad Institute (BEAI) – Summer Programs in South Africa
This summer, Bridge Education Abroad Institute (BEA), in partnership with Go Touch Down Travel & Tours, will hold its first annual summer program in South Africa. BEA will be welcoming internationally distinguished professors from some of the best universities in the USA and Europe. Students will learn from professors and guest speakers on the topics of: peaceful conflict resolution, public policy, international and security, diplomacy and global leadership.
The South Africa summer programs are premiere 7 day summer institutes for ambitious students and young professionals. We strive to challenge our students through a vigorous “real life” experience that features lecturers from some of the most prestigious universities in the word. Participants can look forward to team projects, simulations, press conferences and cultural excursions.
For the summer of 2015, we have programs scheduled in Cape Town and Johannesburg for the months of June, July and August. This program will include lectures from experienced professors and guest speakers from all over the globe, including the United States of America. A few of our professors include:
- Professor Dr. Paul Joseph (Tufts University, USA)-Author and Previous Director of the Peace and Justice Studies Program
- Professor Dr. Solava Ibrahim (University of Cambridge, UK) – Director of MA in Poverty and Development a the institute for development policy and management
- PHD and MPhil from Cambridge
- Service Learning Day with Educo Africa (Local NGO) – Vision- Young people understanding their roles as powerful agents of change – actively, confidently and positively contributing towards a better global community.
♦ Paired with 12 local South Africans for a meaningful day of service
The students will enrich their knowledge of South Africa’s history, international politics, and economics while also enjoying travel to famous and historic places. We also encourage students to get to know one another and share cultural values through planned social events.
- Nelson Mandela’s Jail Cell at Robben Island
- Big 5 African Safari
- Apartheid Museum
- Visit President Nelson Mandela’s home in the Soweto’s
- NGO Service Learning day with Local South African Leaders
Please Note: We limit our South Africa programs to 12 students per program to enhance the students learning between our professors and students.
Even with the summer close at hand, there are still plenty of students still figuring out their plans for the upcoming break. We hope you will consider recognition of our institute as an option for your students who are looking for international opportunities. Students can contact BEAI via email@example.com
Find more information about the program, you may visit http://www.beainstitute.org/beai/south-africa/