LA+Acumen CATALYST Case Challenge – Deadline to Apply is March 14th
LA+Acumen CATALYST Case Challenge
Application Deadline: Saturday, March 14, 2015
What is the Case Challenge?
The LA+acumen CATALYST Case Challenge was created in collaboration with Drucker Net Impact to provide participants with more than just a competition. It is for those who aspire to be the movers and shakers of the world and want to create a positive change through social innovation. Leading up to the competition, students participate in two workshops which include an interactive mock case challenge. For the final competition, teams of undergraduate and graduate students will compete to solve a “live” case challenge that is currently being faced by an Acumen-affiliated social enterprise.
Who Should Apply?
Registration is open to all current undergraduate and graduate students. If you answer “yes” to any of the questions below, you should apply to the competition:
- Do you want to go beyond “theory” and think about how to solve problems in the real world?
- Do you want to become a better presenter, problem solver and critical thinker while preparing for other competitions?
- Do you have an interest and passion for social innovation and want to learn about business models that address their challenges and needs?
How Do You Apply?
- Create a team of 3-4 students
- By March 14th – Fill in the application form (apply here)
- By March 15th – Successful applicants will be sent a link to register
- By March 21st – Register and pay to compete
Important Dates & Times
- Workshop #1: Design Thinking Bootcamp | General Assembly, 1520 2nd St., Santa Monica |
Sat, March 21st | 10:00am to 1:00pm (Networking Lunch and Mixer to follow)
- Workshop #2: Making Sense of Social Impact & Interactive Mock Case Study | Location TBD |
Sat, April 4th | 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Case Challenge (Hosted at Drucker School of Management @ Claremont Graduate University)|
Sat, April 18th | 10:00am to 5:00pm
For a detailed description of each workshop, visit our FAQ page HERE.
What does it cost?
The cost to participate in the CATALYST Case Challenge is $20 per student, which includes the two classroom workshops. Our aim is to equip emerging change leaders with the tools and moral imagination to change the way the world tackles poverty and build a world based on dignity.