Tax Auditor Job Openings in San Diego
The Franchise Tax Board office in Mission Valley is hiring two Tax Auditors for the Personal Income Tax division. Below is the link to the current job posting:
** This job is also posted to Port Triton.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The following opportunities exist in the San Diego Office. Under close supervision of an Audit Supervisor, the Field Tax Auditors are responsible for conducting the least-to-moderately difficult income tax audits for the Personal Income program area. Tax Auditors will plan and organize multiple audits, working directly with taxpayers or their representatives, to obtain relevant facts and make appropriate determinations that are fair and impartial. Audits will be conducted from either the Franchise Tax Board office or taxpayers’ offices. Tax Auditors will be provided with instructions on the laws administered by the department, as well as the basic policies, programs, and procedures of the Franchise Tax Board.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
- Please see the Tax Auditor classification specification for specific required knowledge, skills and abilities.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Knowledge of Federal and State tax laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with others and obtain their cooperation.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze information and draw sound, well documented conclusions.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing workloads and priorities.
- Energetic with a positive attitude.
- Ability to travel to conduct field audits.
WHO MAY APPLY :
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. To apply for this job opportunity as a list candidate, you must first take the online Tax Auditor Exam. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- A Completed Standard State Application (STD 678)*
- Legible Copies of Transcripts (Unofficial is Acceptable)
- Three References (Name, Title, and Phone Number)
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview.FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Roubina Gharashor at M/S L-19. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.RPA #1415-03380 & 03382