TMC/CREATE Partnership School Program
The TMC/CREATE Partnership School Program is seeking volunteers to work at the two UCSD partnership school sites winter quarter: The Preuss School UCSD (http://preuss.ucsd.edu/) and Gompers Preparatory Academy (http://gompersprep.org/).
Program participants support students in grades 6-12 at high-needs charter schools, where educators are utilizing innovative and effective methods of shaping positive outcomes for low-income, first-generation college-bound youth.
Basic Overview of Program:
- Option to participate in a classroom (tutor) or non-classroom (internship) capacity
- Classroom tutors fulfill 4-6 hours/week, non-classroom interns fulfill 7-10 hours/week
- OPTION of enrolling in TMC 198 for 4 UNITS (P/NP)
- TMC 198 fulfills Marshall College Upper Division Disciplinary Breadth AND/OR the Sixth College Practicum
The program is MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL:
- Participation in this program looks good on post-undergraduate applications (law school, medical, school, journalism, etc.)
- Garner hands on experience by working alongside professionals in the education field
- Student volunteers are encouraging and inspiring students from low-income backgrounds to break boundaries set by their financial difficulties
- Volunteer work is applicable to exciting Public Service Minor!
Open to all majors and college affiliation!
Available Positions: Tutoring/mentoring, counseling/advisement, student services, special education, administrative assistance, and health.
Applications due by Monday, January 12 at 4PM.
Want to learn more before applying?
If you have any questions or would like to enroll in the TMC 198 course, please contact Angela Fang at email@example.com.
With warm regards,