Entering Entertainment: Panel & Networking Event – Tuesday, Nov. 18 at 5pm
Entering Entertainment: Panel & Networking Event
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
UC San Diego, Price Center West Ballroom B
Join UCSD Alumni, Career Services Center, Department of Communication, Triton TV, and Undergraduate Communication Society to learn how to forge a career in entertainment. Hear a panel of experts discuss entertainment career paths, experiences that will help build your resume, and ways to navigate this competitive field, then get a chance to network in small groups with professionals and recruiters to get answers to your specific questions. Career participants will represent various areas of entertainment, from film and television production and agency work to digital media, public relations, and sports.
- Steven B. Cohen, ’78, Communication-Visual Arts
- Rachel Axler, M.F.A. ‘04, Playwriting
- Jane Lee, ’13, Communication – Multimedia Journalist and Content Editor, Bay City Television, Inc. (San Diego 6 – The CW)
- Panel Moderator: Chris Biele, ’07, Communication
- Taylor Baldwin, ’96, Communication – Media Director and News Anchor/UT-TV, The San Diego Union-Tribune and President/Owner, Taylor-Made Productions, Inc.
- Shannon Bradley, ’80, Communications/Sociology – Director, UCTV Channels Initiative, and Executive Producer, UCTV
- Alex Matthews, ’06, Visual Arts Media – Senior Producer – Director, UC San Diego, and Freelance Photographer – NBC 7 SoundDiego, NBCUniversal, Inc.
- Ricardo Sandoval, ’95, Communication – Technician/Director, NBCUniversal
- Lorelei Bunjes, ’02, Communication – Vice President, Digital Services, IDW Publishing
- Cassie Stark – Publicity & Promotions Coordinator, Allied Integrated Marketing
- Robin Wang, ’12, Management Science – Publicity & Promotions Coordinator, Allied Integrated Marketing
- Steve Godwin, ‘95, Biochemistry and Cell Biology – Senior Video Producer, Competitor Group, Inc.
- Doug Sain, ’89, Urban Studies and Planning – President, Sain Films Inc.
- Alex Goodman, M.F.A. Theatre Management – Corporate Relations Manager, La Jolla Playhouse
- Kevin Hu, ’07, Visual Arts/Media – Sound Engineer
- Stephen Siercks, M.F.A. ’10, Theatre Design and Production
- Hayley Elwood, ’10, Communication – Contributing Writer, San Diego Chargers Football Co.
- Stephen Nagler, ’79, Communication – Owner, SCN Communications
- Jerry Sonnenberg, M.F.A. ’01, Theatre Design-Scenery and Lighting – Production Designer/Art Director
- Michelle Dederko, ’11, Literature/Writing – Editor, DiscoverSD and Multimedia Lifestyle & Entertainment Reporter, The San Diego Union-Tribune