Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance (AFWA) Scholarship!
SAN DIEGO CHAPTER
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE TO
Accounting & Finance Students and AFWA Members
The mission of AFWA San Diego is to enable women in all accounting and finance related fields to achieve their full personal, professional and economic potential and to contribute to the future development of their profession. Members include partners in national, regional and local CPA firms, financial officers, controllers, academicians, staff accountants, financial analysts, data processing consultants, recent college graduates, students, and women returning to the work force. The majority of our members have attained professional certifications such as CPA, CMA, CIA, and CFP.
Scholarship awards are now available from the AFWA San Diego Chapter for the 2014-2015 academic school year.
- Master’s Degree Scholarship: One $750 award to support the cost of attending a Master’s Program in accounting or finance.
- Undergraduate Scholarship: One $500 award to support the cost of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting, finance or related Bachelor’s Degree.
- Associate or Certificate Scholarship: One $250 award to support the cost of attending 1st or 2nd year when pursuing an accounting, finance or related Associates Degree or to support the cost of attending a Certificate Program in Accounting.
All scholarship recipients will be eligible to attend AFWA San Diego’s meetings and events at the member price for one year from the date of award.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in the appropriate educational program.
- Applicants must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
How do I find out more and apply?
- Specific scholarship criteria as well as the scholarship application can be found by visiting the AFWA San Diego website at www.afwasandiego.org
Deadline for applying is JANUARY 31, 2015. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered. Questions may be directed to Pebbles Dumon, AFWA Treasurer & Scholarship Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.