Scholarship Opportunity for Accounting Minors
Announcing an exciting new scholarship opportunity for Accounting Students!
The San Diego chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) will award one University of California, San Diego Accounting Minor student with a $500 merit-based scholarship and admittance to the annual IIA scholarship awards luncheon.
The IIA is an international professional association with more than 170,000 members in over 165 countries world-wide. The IIA supports activities advocating and promoting the value of internal audit, providing comprehensive professional education, development and certification programs to its members, and bringing information together in pursuit of best practices and knowledge sharing in the field of internal audit. IIA also seeks to provide information and support to educate the next generation of internal audit and to promote interest in the field.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Must be a current UCSD Undergraduate Accounting Minor student
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be a Senior graduating Spring 2013 or Summer 2013
- Must have a current overall GPA of 3.0 or higher and Accounting Minor GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Be interested in professional development in the area of Auditing
Applications will be accepted through 4:00pm on April 5th, 2013. Scholarship recipient will be notified by email. Recipient will receive admittance to attend the IIA annual scholarship luncheon on Wednesday, April 10th.
Applicants must submit the following to Christina Martinez in the Rady Undergraduate Advising Office (Otterson Hall, 2nd Floor, Undergraduate Programs Office) by 4:00pm on April 5th, 2013, to be considered for award:
1) Completed IIA Scholarship Application Form (page 2)
2) Copy of up-to-date resume
3) Copy of up-to-date Degree Audit
3) Cover letter following guidelines described in the IIA Scholarship Application Form
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org