Announcing an exciting new scholarship opportunity for Accounting Students!
The San Diego chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) will award one University of California, San Diego Accounting Minor student with a $500 merit-based scholarship and admittance to the annual IIA scholarship awards luncheon.
The IIA is an international professional association with more than 170,000 members in over 165 countries world-wide. The IIA supports activities advocating and promoting the value of internal audit, providing comprehensive professional education, development and certification programs to its members, and bringing information together in pursuit of best practices and knowledge sharing in the field of internal audit. IIA also seeks to provide information and support to educate the next generation of internal audit and to promote interest in the field.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Must be a current UCSD Undergraduate Accounting Minor student
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be a Senior graduating Spring 2013 or Summer 2013
- Must have a current overall GPA of 3.0 or higher and Accounting Minor GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Be interested in professional development in the area of Auditing
Applications will be accepted through 4:00pm on April 5th, 2013. Scholarship recipient will be notified by email. Recipient will receive admittance to attend the IIA annual scholarship luncheon on Wednesday, April 10th.
Applicants must submit the following to Christina Martinez in the Rady Undergraduate Advising Office (Otterson Hall, 2nd Floor, Undergraduate Programs Office) by 4:00pm on April 5th, 2013, to be considered for award:
1) Completed IIA Scholarship Application Form (page 2)
2) Copy of up-to-date resume
3) Copy of up-to-date Degree Audit
3) Cover letter following guidelines described in the IIA Scholarship Application Form
Questions? Contact email@example.com
AccountingDay® 2013 – Monday, May 20th
San Diego’s Premier Education and Networking Event
Where: Town and Country Hotel, Mission Valley
Cost: $149 Early Bird to May 1st, Regular $179 Full time Students $45
- Accounting & Auditing (A&A) – Track A
- Technical-Accounting Related – Track T
- Professional Development – Track P
- Fraud – Track F
- Government Contrator Accounting – Track G
Click Here to see the details of each session and the full program showing the topics you can choose from to get up to seven hours of CPE.
Free GMAT Event Series:
Try us for Free: March 18 – April 7th
Join us for a free Kaplan GMAT test prep class. See our expert instructors in action and learn proven, effective strategies to help you ace the exam. Meet our featured GMAT instructor, Justin Doff:
- Over 3,000 students taught since 2008
- Rated “excellent” by 98.5% of students*
- Teaches Kaplan GMAT Classroom AnywhereTM classes
- Received MBA from NYU’s Leonard N. Stern School of Business
- Classroom Anywhere’s 2012 GMAT Teacher of the Year
Free Kaplan GMAT classes featuring Justin will be held live and online in our virtual classroom on:
- Thursday, March 21st 9:30pm ET | 6:30pm PT
- Wednesday, March 27th 7:30pm ET | 4:30pm PT
- Tuesday, April 2nd 8:00pm ET | 5:00pm PT
- Sunday, April 7th 3:00pm ET | 12:00pm PT
REGISTER HERE: http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1426892-FGZDW3ywDr
Summer 2013 classes are now posted to Tritonlink on the Schedule of Classes!
- Session I July 1 – August 3, 2013
- Session II August 5 – September 7, 2013
- Enrollment Begins April 15th. View a full calendar of deadlines on the Summer Session Calendar.
Take time during Spring break or the first few weeks of the Spring quarter to visit during the Rady Undergraduate Advising Walk In Hours to make sure that you are on track to finish your minor by graduation! If not, you should consider taking summer classes to catch up.
Summer Financial Aid
For the most recent information on how Financial Aid is applied in Summer Session 2013, please visit this link:
OF SPECIAL NOTE : When aid is calculated for summer living expenses, students who choose to enroll in only one session for summer will only have 5 weeks of living expenses calculated for summer. If they spread their enrollment over both sessions, they are allowed 10 weeks.
Still uncertain about career options?
Then consider enrolling this spring in HDP 98: Career Development!
Through this interactive, hands-on course students are guided in exploring their interests, values, skills, and personality and how it relates to the career search. Through class lectures on career development concepts, guest speakers, practice sessions, and assignments, students will conduct research on various careers; receive professional development training; as well as practice and gain confidence in networking and other job search strategies. The course concludes with a career action plan to help the student move forward in their career.
HDP 98: Directed Group Study
Friday 10:00-11:50am–Career Services Horizon Room
Want to add? Download the 98 form to enroll—
Submit completed form to UCSD’s Human Development Program office.
Graduating? Looking For The Right Job? We Want To Help!
Rady MBA Student Questionnaire – Seeking Undergrads’ Input
We are a group of Rady MBA students who want to help students map out a professional life after graduation. This survey is part of startup project we’re working on, and so will require only your time and your willingness to help answer some questions. If you are interested please click on the link below and fill out the survey with your honest opinions. This will go straight into developing a product that helps students throughout college make that jump into the working world and set themselves up for a successful and fulfilling career!