Join fellow professionals to learn how to communicate effectively for your upcoming Meet the Firms events, interviews and networking events. Learn the do’s and don’ts of networking and other helpful conversation tips— then put everything you learn into practice in our speed mentoring segment with seasoned professionals! This workshop will not only teach you important skills, but it will also put you face-to-face with the folks who can land you that internship/job/connection you’ve been eyeing. In addition to these priceless skills and connections, your registration fee includes a complimentary drink and heavy appetizers. Come thirsty and hungry, leave full and with some amazing connections and skills!
Learn how to communicate effectively for your upcoming Meet the Firms events, interviews, and networking events. Learn the Do’s and Don’ts of networking, and other helpful conversation tips. Put everything you learn into practice with the Speed Mentoring segment of the evening – we’ll have seasoned professionals available for your questions, and to practice effective communication with!
The California Society of CPA’s is currently accepting applications for their Campus Ambassador position during the upcoming academic year. Please see the below description from CalCPA:
“Ambassadors serve as a total of two terms and are paid a stipend of $600 per term.
Being an ambassador allows them to become involved with CalCPA by building their resume and connections to the CPA/Accounting profession by working with local board and committee members.
Ambassadors must be a member of CalCPA to apply. Student membership is free. To learn about what CalCPA offers and to join, students may click on the link below:
For information about our ambassador program, students may click the link below:
Please see the below message from the Rady student planners of our recent Global Impact Summit event:
“The Inaugural Global Impact Summit was a huge success! Thank you to everybody who supported and attended this event. This event was made possible by student leaders from Business Council, Phi Beta Lambda (Future Business Leaders of America), Triton Consulting Group, Lumnus Consulting, and International Studies Student Association (ISSA).
Special thank you to Erwin Milan. He even turned on the waterfall for us.”
For more information about future Rady student organization events, keep an eye on this blog and your email inbox.
As you prepare to enter your Senior Year at UC-San Diego, you may be starting to plan for your life beyond your Bachelor’s degree. If you are contemplating graduate school and advanced training, Rady School of Management would like to invite you to apply as a Junior for the Master of Professional Accountancy Program (MPAc) by May 30th.
Benefits of applying as a Junior:
1) The application fee is waived.
2) A preferential admissions review and an expedited early decision for our current undergraduate Juniors.
3) An automatic $10,000 fellowship scholarship award.
4) GRE/GMAT is waived for US and Permanent Residents with a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
5) The MPAc program prepares you for the CPA exam and meets the 225 quarter-hour requirement.
And for further questions, contact Sarah Primozich, Graduate Admissions Advisor, email@example.com
CAREER INFO SESSION
EVENT PROFILE April 19th, 2018
Lauren Wilson, Senior Director of
Human Resources Lauren@nevellgroup.com 714-854-8562
NGi provides opportunities for talented individuals to work for an award-winning organization alongside highly skilled professional to learn, grow and build a rewarding career in construction. Our energetic and engaging workplace will challenge and excite new recruits, providing unmatched opportunities to work collaboratively with industry veterans, share innovative ideas, and contribute toward strategic growth. We offer rewarding careers across positions as varied as construction management, finance, preconstruction, design/BIM, marketing and much more.
WHO IS THE AUDIENCE?
Current and graduating students excited to begin a rewarding career in construction! We are particularly interested in candidates who will be graduating with degrees in construction management, engineering, architecture, business management and finance.
WHAT IS THE TOPIC OF THE INFO SESSION?
Introduction to Design, Estimating, and Operational areas at NGi. Come meet our executives, chat with our team of experienced Project Engineers, Project Managers and Estimators, learn about growth opportunities and earning potential, and interview with hiring managers!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Bright, energetic, long-term focused individuals interested in developing a rewarding career in construction.
WHEN AND WHERE
Thursday, April 19th 4pm
NGi San Diego Office 3284 Greyhawk Ct Ste 200
Carlsbad, Ca 9210
The JumpStart Advisory Group will be conducting their 9th Annual JumpStart UGrad Diversity Forum. Over 1,000 undergraduate students have participated in the diversity forums since 2004 and attribute their summer internship and full-time employment success to the learning and networking environment created by the Forums.
Are the JumpStart Diversity Forums for YOU:
• YES – If you are talented African American/Black, Hispanic or Latino, Alaskan Native/American Indian, Asian, Pacific Islander or Woman interested in insight to you attaining a top choice internship with your ideal industry, company, function, and location.
• YES – If you are an international student looking to take full advantage of this opportunity.
• YES – If you are a full-time undergraduate student graduating in the class of 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
• YES – If you are looking to network and build relationships with decision makers and executives with the top companies in the financial services or consulting.
To apply please go to http://www.jumpstartadvisorygroup.com/
If you are selected:
• Corporate partners representing the Consulting & Financial Services Industry have made their executives, mid-level managers, junior staff, and recruiters available as part of our diversity forums*. Including, but not limited to*: Accenture, A. T. Kearney, Bain, Broad Residency, BCG, Deloitte, IBM Business Consulting, KPMG, McKinsey, Oliver Wyman, Parthenon EY, and PwC. Alliance Bernstein, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Citi, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Fidelity, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Prudential, Putnam, RW Baird, UBS, T. Rowe Price, Wellington Management, Wells Fargo, and William Blair.
Slots to attend the forums are limited and offered through a competitive selection process. All interested students should apply as soon as possible to take advantage of the early acceptance opportunities. The links to the flyers below can provide additional context. Articles about the program can be referenced at our website.
Location and Dates:
9th Annual JumpStart UGrad Financial Services and Consulting Diversity Forum When: August 14-17, 2018 Where: Philadelphia, PA Application Deadline: May 14, 2018 Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aZaKzQ160M#action=share
Additional details on the Diversity Forums can be found online at https://www.jumpstartadvisorygroup.com.
You may contact The JumpStart Advisory Group directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.