It’s not just cash but EXPOSURE to top industry folks.
2015 Young Innovators Award Jury
Greg Braun, Executive Creative Director, INNOCEAN USA
Peter Corbett, President and Partner, Click 3X
Jessica Peltz, Investment Director at kbs+ Ventures
Lauren Diamond Kushner, Partner and Executive Producer, Kettle
Malika Toure, creativity reporter, Advertising Age/Creativity
Young Innovator Competition is Back! Do you know a creative genius or a budding entrepreneur in the early stages of a start-up?
The Young Innovators Award recognizes forward-thinking young individuals (age 30 and under) who have demonstrated innovation, such as inventing new digital platforms, creating a groundbreaking campaign, a revolutionary product or a new product/company/platform for a chance to win a $5,000 cash prize and lunch with Google. Centered on the idea that “the hard part is done,” we encourage young talent who have already put blood, sweat and tears into work that might not have ever been seen to enter it and “cash in.”
Advertising is the business of inventing ideas, and supporting up-and-coming talent who are innovating the future of business is something The AD Club believes in whole heartedly. Help The ADVERTISING Club of New York and Google identify and recognize innovative young talent in advertising, marketing and media.
How to submit: Entrants must upload a 2-3 minute video via YouTube that demonstrates an idea that has the potential to transform storytelling, shake up a business, reimagine a Fortune 500 company or bring about real action in the name of a meaningful cause. The idea can come from anywhere – as long as it is new and fresh. Just submit the link via Google+ for a chance to win.
View last year’s winner: http://adage.com/article/creativity-news/ad-club-names-winner-google-young-innovator-award/243004/
COME LEARN THE INS-AND-OUTS OF EFFECTIVE NETWORKING!
The Undergraduate Investment Society invites you to join us in our 3RD GBM to learn the best networking tactics to land you your next job/ internship!
When: Tuesday, November 18th
Where: Rady School of Management, Otterson 1S114
Feel free to check out our FB page for questions or concerns: https://www.facebook.com/uis.ucsd?fref=ts.
Hope to see you all there!
NAIOP University Real Estate Challenge Information Session
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
SSB 102, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
RSVP by November 17 to Professor Mirle Bussell: email@example.com
The San Diego chapter of NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, sponsors an annual university real estate development challenge. Student teams from UC San Diego, SDSU, and the University of San Diego compete against one another to prepare a development plan for a selected site in San Diego. This prestigious competition enables student to apply classroom knowledge in a real-world setting as they network and receive mentoring from professionals in the field.
The USP Program leads UC San Diego’s team. This year’s competition will launch in early January 2015 and will conclude at the end of April 2015.
Three USP faculty advisors will assist the team: Professor Mirle Bussell, Professor Sue Peerson, and Visiting Professor Jack McGrory. The USP Program holds a competitive application process for all UCSD undergraduates to select the six-person team. Applications will be due on Friday, December 5.
In order to compete in the challenge, you must be enrolled as a full-time student and have a minimum of 90 units of credit completed. This is a time intensive competition and students receive 4-units of credit for their participation on the team.
Students interested in applying for the competition must attend an information session on Tuesday, November 18 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in SSB 102. At this session students will have the opportunity to meet the faculty advisors along with UC San Diego alumni and current students who competed in previous challenges. Applications will be distributed at this information session.
Please RSVP by November 17 to Professor Mirle Bussell: firstname.lastname@example.org. Free pizza and beverages will be provided.
Entering Entertainment: Panel & Networking Event
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
UC San Diego, Price Center West Ballroom B
Join UCSD Alumni, Career Services Center, Department of Communication, Triton TV, and Undergraduate Communication Society to learn how to forge a career in entertainment. Hear a panel of experts discuss entertainment career paths, experiences that will help build your resume, and ways to navigate this competitive field, then get a chance to network in small groups with professionals and recruiters to get answers to your specific questions. Career participants will represent various areas of entertainment, from film and television production and agency work to digital media, public relations, and sports.
- Steven B. Cohen, ’78, Communication-Visual Arts
- Rachel Axler, M.F.A. ‘04, Playwriting
- Jane Lee, ’13, Communication – Multimedia Journalist and Content Editor, Bay City Television, Inc. (San Diego 6 – The CW)
- Panel Moderator: Chris Biele, ’07, Communication
- Taylor Baldwin, ’96, Communication – Media Director and News Anchor/UT-TV, The San Diego Union-Tribune and President/Owner, Taylor-Made Productions, Inc.
- Shannon Bradley, ’80, Communications/Sociology – Director, UCTV Channels Initiative, and Executive Producer, UCTV
- Alex Matthews, ’06, Visual Arts Media – Senior Producer – Director, UC San Diego, and Freelance Photographer – NBC 7 SoundDiego, NBCUniversal, Inc.
- Ricardo Sandoval, ’95, Communication – Technician/Director, NBCUniversal
- Lorelei Bunjes, ’02, Communication – Vice President, Digital Services, IDW Publishing
- Cassie Stark – Publicity & Promotions Coordinator, Allied Integrated Marketing
- Robin Wang, ’12, Management Science – Publicity & Promotions Coordinator, Allied Integrated Marketing
- Steve Godwin, ‘95, Biochemistry and Cell Biology – Senior Video Producer, Competitor Group, Inc.
- Doug Sain, ’89, Urban Studies and Planning – President, Sain Films Inc.
- Alex Goodman, M.F.A. Theatre Management – Corporate Relations Manager, La Jolla Playhouse
- Kevin Hu, ’07, Visual Arts/Media – Sound Engineer
- Stephen Siercks, M.F.A. ’10, Theatre Design and Production
- Hayley Elwood, ’10, Communication – Contributing Writer, San Diego Chargers Football Co.
- Stephen Nagler, ’79, Communication – Owner, SCN Communications
- Jerry Sonnenberg, M.F.A. ’01, Theatre Design-Scenery and Lighting – Production Designer/Art Director
- Michelle Dederko, ’11, Literature/Writing – Editor, DiscoverSD and Multimedia Lifestyle & Entertainment Reporter, The San Diego Union-Tribune
Thursday, 11/20, 5-6:30 pm., Career Services Center, Horizon Room
Undergraduate Economics Society: Rady MBA Info Session
The Undergraduate Economics Society will be a hosting an info session with a member of the admissions board regarding what makes an exemplary applicant.
RSVP through Port Triton at https://ucsd-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php?s=event&ss=is&_ksl=1&mode=list
Wednesday, 11/19, 6-8 p.m., Price Center East Ballroom
Careers in Business Mixer
Don’t miss keynote speaker: Greg Goldstein, President and COO, followed by small group informational interviews with business professionals and alumni. Students interested in business careers will meet professionals as they rotate from group to group, answering questions and giving insight about their occupations and strategies to break into the field. The evening will conclude with refreshments and open networking. Space is limited! Must attend entire event.
RSVP through Port Triton at https://ucsd-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php?ss=ws&_ksl=1&mode=list&s=event