IIA Student Night: A Day in the Life of an Auditor
Come join professionals and students from the San Diego collegiate communities at USD, CSUSM, Point Loma, UCSD and SDSU during our annual IIA Student Night: A Day in the Life of an Auditor on October 17, 2014. We have put together a program that should be exciting and very interactive for both the students and professionals. For the event, we’ll be giving the students a taste of auditing by setting up an interactive case study led by local auditing professionals. Students will be walked through the various stages of an audit, getting an introduction to the process from initial interviews to risk assessment and reporting. As a student, you will have an opportunity to learn more about the profession of auditing. As a professional you will have the opportunity to guide and assist students through an interactive case study.
Work through four stages of an audit through an interactive case study.
Analyze and conclude on the results of the case.
- 6-7pm: Registration, Introductions, Light Appetizers, and Open Networking
- 7-8:25pm: Case Study Focus Groups (Staggered)
- 8-9pm: Concluding Networking
University of San Diego: 5998 Alcalá Park San Diego, CA 92110
To register and attend the event (please register at the IIA website).
Classes begin on Monday, September 29th
Classes being offered include:
- Academic Writing
- Business Writing for Non-Native Speakers
- Scientific and Technical Writing for Non-Native English Speakers
- Conversation Improvement
- Advanced Conversation Improvement
- Effective Oral Presenation
- Grammar & Editing II
- Grammar/ Vocabulary Building
- Topics in Advanced English Structure
- Accent Modification Seminar
- Pronunciation & Fluency
- Advanced Pronunciation & Fluency
Please remember that UC San Diego full-time matriculated students are eligible for:
- 10% discount of up to $50 per quarter (proper ID must be presented in person at time of enrollment).
- UC San Diego Extension Student Grant Program Voucher, good for up to $400. Provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Dates for pick-up are: Sept. 29-Oct. 3
The Supply Chain Planner is responsible for production planning and deployment of inventory within the assigned product areas. This position requires use of analytical and quantitative methods to make sure inventory is deployed most effectively through the Supply Chain to minimize redeployment, keep transportation costs low, and maximize customer order fulfillment. The Supply Chain Planner will execute inventory management strategies to support the company market plans and financial goals.
• Customer Focus – Achieve and maintain alignment in the supply chain between suppliers, Bumble Bee Foods, and the Customer
o Works with Customer Service, Operations, QA, Technology, Sales, and Marketing to coordinate schedules and other supply chain activities where demand exceeds supply, during supply shortages, where event timing necessitates an inventory build, or where non-standard actions are required (i.e., pre-planning for special package features i.e. coupons, graphics or size changes)
o Work daily with distribution centers, transportation, and customer service to ensure 99% order fulfillment and prevent customer shortages.
o Take action to forecast and prevent inventory issues, or to escalate and communicate them well in advance. Implement strategies to manage inventory issues with limited impact to customers.
o Lead weekly meetings with Trade and Purchasing to document global supply for products managed and clearly communicate supply status to the entire company
• Technical Expertise – Develop and communicate inventory strategies for assigned product groups, manage execution
o Anticipates total network inventory position impacts of sales promotional/seasonal volume projections, new item introductions and obsolete item discontinuation and manages appropriate SAP system parameters to meet inventory targets.
o Assess total system inventory position by product/SKU to determine best economic solution to meeting customer orders and future demand. Must be capable of using expertise and analysis to make business decisions and judgments independently.
o Manage the excess inventory process for assigned product groups. Facilitate sale inventory to secondary accounts, transfer inventory to alternate DC’s to minimize excess, or to identify product to repack.
o Master SAP to create purchase orders and stock transport orders daily and keep all data current and accurate at all times
o Provide recommendations to improve service, quality of work, and reduce costs through process or execution improvements
o Perform other functions or services as required or assigned
This position has been posted to Port Triton.
Goldman Sachs will be hosting GS Inside Look, a Virtual Information Session Series that will allow them to educate students on the firm, their divisions/regional offices and how to prepare for the application and interview process. Following the GS Inside Look webinar series, Goldman Sachs will also be hosting interviews throughout January 2015 at our various Goldman Sachs offices across the U.S.
Below please find the upcoming deadlines, as well as marketing materials for the GS Inside Look Virtual Information Sessions and a 2015 summer analyst job description. We would appreciate your help in marketing these opportunities using the attached flyer and posting the job description with an October 19 deadline.
Important Information & Key Dates
* Virtual Information Sessions: September 15 – October 15
* Student Application Deadline: October 19
* Target Audience: 2016 / 2017 Graduates (Juniors / Sophomores in College) – All majors welcome to apply
* Candidate Superday: January (various locations)
More information can be found in this brochure and flyer:
Research Associate position in San Diego, CA – applications due 9/24!
- Port Triton Job #: 791581
- Brandes Internal Requisition #: 1077
- Idea Generation:Create, maintain, and evaluate equity screens with the purpose of finding potential new investment ideas.
- Information Collection:Collect, organize, and distill industry data from a wide variety of sources including company financial reports, presentations, third-party research, trade journals, periodicals, books, databases, and newswire services.
- Security Analysis and Evaluation:Conduct historical financial analysis, build and maintain valuation models, and assist in the valuation process of individual equities. Participate in meetings with senior management teams from around the globe and interact extensively with sell side research analysts.
- Report Writing:Clearly and concisely present the conclusions of the research process in written form, including drafting company descriptions, industry analysis, and valuation discussions.
- Presentations:Verbally communicate and present company specific research in group settings, including fielding questions from internal investment professionals.
Provide periodic support for client retention and marketing activities. Assist in maintenance of the firm’s statistical databases. Maintain ongoing knowledge of departmental procedures. Perform special projects as needed. Maintain confidentiality of client information. Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Quantitatively Driven
- Passion for Investing
- Analytical Thinker
- Logical thought patterns and clear writing habits are essential.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College Graduate
- SAN DIEGO, CA
How to Apply:
Brandes Investment Partners
Human Resources Department
11988 El Camino Real, Suite 600
P.O. Box 919048
San Diego, CA 92191-9048
Brandes Investment Partners, L.P. will not request credit information or reports (or other sensitive information) from a job candidate via email. Please report any suspicious emails from Brandes at Careers@Brandes.com.
For more information about the Brandes Research Associate Program see the brochure: RA Brochure 0814
Congratulations to our 2014 Certified Management Accountant (CMA) scholarship winners!
- Genesis Gomez
- Yat Ko
- Milad Khoury
- Emily Lin
- Kailey Montgomery
These five winners are undergraduate accounting minors at the Rady School of Management. We are proud of their outstanding academic records and pursuit of scholarship opportunities!
The Accounting Circle online journal published an entry about Rady and the scholarship winners. You can check it out here.
Be sure to check the Rady Undergrad blog and Facebook pages for details about the 2015 scholarship application.