Recruitment for 2015 Accounting Jobs & Internships starts this July. RSVP for the Summer Accounting Recruitment Readiness Workshops sponsored by the Big 4 Accounting Firms. These workshops are designed to help you transform yourself into the accounting-ready professional that large and mid-size firms are seeking and help you gain a competitive edge for the 2014-2015 accounting recruiting season (see important dates below).
Attend the Deloitte Summer Accounting Recruitment Readiness workshop and learn how to:
- Quickly and effectively communicate a clear professional objective in a way that meets a firm’s need;
- Share relevant experience in a clear, concise, and compelling way (and connect it to their targeted position);
- Carry an initial conversation with a firm associate or partner;
- Begin and end a conversation with a firm handshake and great eye contact.
- Enjoy a comfortable connection to you and your firm before Firm Tours (recruitment) begin
When: Tuesday, July 22 from 3-4:30 p.m
Where: Career Services Center Horizon Room
RSVP through Port Triton today! https://ucsd-csm.symplicity.com/students/
Several EY professionals will be at UCSD on Tuesday, July 15th for a workshop to help prepare students for fall recruitment season.
Time: 3-4:30 p.m
Location: UC San Diego’s Career Services Center Horizon Room
What you will gain from the workshop:
- Small Group Advice & Practice with EY professionals.
- Tips for the fall recruitment season
- Practice, practice practice – it’s great to network!
- Insight into EY as a firm and future opportunities
- And MORE!!
Union Bank’s Consumer Lending group is looking for two to three students or recent graduates to serve as full-time, temporary Administrative Assistants during the Summer (job #787827). Please have interested students apply through Port Triton: https://ucsd-csm.symplicity.com/students/ and provide their availability during the Summer.
The Rady School Of Management is hosting the Athena Signature Series and we are looking for 7 volunteers to assist with the event! Volunteers will receive free entry.
When: Wednesday, June 4th at 4:45pm
Where: Rady School of Management
If you are interested, please email Joleen Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, June 2nd.
Accounting Students! Check out the Journal Entry Newsletter!
The Journal Entry has been expanded to 10 pages and covers more material that may be helpful to your career whether that might be an employment opportunity or certification. To get your copy, download it from www.AccountingCircle.org/JournalEntryMay14.pdf.
Science and Technology Admin Asst / STDT 3
Job Number: 785198
This student position will support administrative staff at UC San Diego Extension. In addition, the position will also perform a variety of administrative tasks to support the academic staff.
- Assists in coordinating various certificate programs in the Science and Technology department
- Answer student & instructor inquiries via phone and email
- Assist with course/program development activities
- Assist with the creation of marketing materials and promotional campaigns
- Assist in market research for various certificate programs/courses
- Create and maintain databases
- Prepare and deliver classroom materials, as needed
- Assist with special events as needed
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and
resume to Cyndi Hanson at
Please reference job number (#785198) and
student ID # for verification of UCSD
If you have relatives employed at
UCSD, you must include the name,
relationship and department where
employed in your resume and/or
cover letter. This information is used
only for the purpose of complying
with the University’s nepotism policy.
Applications Accepted Until:
May 16, 2014
The CFA Society San Diego is pleased to announce our Career Development 2014 event for students and aspiring financial services professionals.
This half day event will provide insight on what it’s really like to work in financial services. Attendees will also have the opportunity to talk with San Diego employers and find out what they look for as they screen resumes and interview candidates. Participants in the event will have a chance to have their resume reviewed by a recruiting expert to refine their resume.
Find full details online: http://www.cfasociety.org/sandiego/Pages/default.aspx
Graduate and undergraduate students interested in a career in analytics (including predictive analytics, social analytics, data science, and big data) are encouraged to attend a panel discussion with recent graduates currently in the field on Thursday, May 22nd, from 7-9pm at the Career Services Center in the Horizon Room. The panel will cover current roles, opportunities, and challenges as well as their experiences transitioning from academia to industry. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in a Q&A session and network with other professionals and interested students. Panelists include:
Bilal Shaw, PhD, Data Scientist at ID Analytics
Bill Lennon, Analytic Scientist at Posiba
Samantha Dalton, Econometrician at Modern Analytics
Steve Anton, PhD, Analytic Scientist at FICO
Reserve your spot by RSVP’ing through your Port Triton account: https://ucsd-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php?ss=is&_ksl=1&mode=list&s=event Spaces are limited!
Only RSVP if you can commit to attending for the entirety of the info session. There is a low tolerance for no-shows. If you cannot make it to this event, you are required to cancel your RSVP via your Port Triton account.