The Supply Chain Planner is responsible for production planning and deployment of inventory within the assigned product areas. This position requires use of analytical and quantitative methods to make sure inventory is deployed most effectively through the Supply Chain to minimize redeployment, keep transportation costs low, and maximize customer order fulfillment. The Supply Chain Planner will execute inventory management strategies to support the company market plans and financial goals.
• Customer Focus – Achieve and maintain alignment in the supply chain between suppliers, Bumble Bee Foods, and the Customer
o Works with Customer Service, Operations, QA, Technology, Sales, and Marketing to coordinate schedules and other supply chain activities where demand exceeds supply, during supply shortages, where event timing necessitates an inventory build, or where non-standard actions are required (i.e., pre-planning for special package features i.e. coupons, graphics or size changes)
o Work daily with distribution centers, transportation, and customer service to ensure 99% order fulfillment and prevent customer shortages.
o Take action to forecast and prevent inventory issues, or to escalate and communicate them well in advance. Implement strategies to manage inventory issues with limited impact to customers.
o Lead weekly meetings with Trade and Purchasing to document global supply for products managed and clearly communicate supply status to the entire company
• Technical Expertise – Develop and communicate inventory strategies for assigned product groups, manage execution
o Anticipates total network inventory position impacts of sales promotional/seasonal volume projections, new item introductions and obsolete item discontinuation and manages appropriate SAP system parameters to meet inventory targets.
o Assess total system inventory position by product/SKU to determine best economic solution to meeting customer orders and future demand. Must be capable of using expertise and analysis to make business decisions and judgments independently.
o Manage the excess inventory process for assigned product groups. Facilitate sale inventory to secondary accounts, transfer inventory to alternate DC’s to minimize excess, or to identify product to repack.
o Master SAP to create purchase orders and stock transport orders daily and keep all data current and accurate at all times
o Provide recommendations to improve service, quality of work, and reduce costs through process or execution improvements
o Perform other functions or services as required or assigned
Goldman Sachs will be hosting GS Inside Look, a Virtual Information Session Series that will allow them to educate students on the firm, their divisions/regional offices and how to prepare for the application and interview process. Following the GS Inside Look webinar series, Goldman Sachs will also be hosting interviews throughout January 2015 at our various Goldman Sachs offices across the U.S.
Below please find the upcoming deadlines, as well as marketing materials for the GS Inside Look Virtual Information Sessions and a 2015 summer analyst job description. We would appreciate your help in marketing these opportunities using the attached flyer and posting the job description with an October 19 deadline.
Important Information & Key Dates
* Virtual Information Sessions: September 15 – October 15
* Student Application Deadline: October 19
* Target Audience: 2016 / 2017 Graduates (Juniors / Sophomores in College) – All majors welcome to apply
* Candidate Superday: January (various locations)
More information can be found in this brochure and flyer:
Research Associate position in San Diego, CA – applications due 9/24!
- Port Triton Job #: 791581
- Brandes Internal Requisition #: 1077
- Idea Generation:Create, maintain, and evaluate equity screens with the purpose of finding potential new investment ideas.
- Information Collection:Collect, organize, and distill industry data from a wide variety of sources including company financial reports, presentations, third-party research, trade journals, periodicals, books, databases, and newswire services.
- Security Analysis and Evaluation:Conduct historical financial analysis, build and maintain valuation models, and assist in the valuation process of individual equities. Participate in meetings with senior management teams from around the globe and interact extensively with sell side research analysts.
- Report Writing:Clearly and concisely present the conclusions of the research process in written form, including drafting company descriptions, industry analysis, and valuation discussions.
- Presentations:Verbally communicate and present company specific research in group settings, including fielding questions from internal investment professionals.
Provide periodic support for client retention and marketing activities. Assist in maintenance of the firm’s statistical databases. Maintain ongoing knowledge of departmental procedures. Perform special projects as needed. Maintain confidentiality of client information. Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Quantitatively Driven
- Passion for Investing
- Analytical Thinker
- Logical thought patterns and clear writing habits are essential.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College Graduate
- SAN DIEGO, CA
How to Apply:
Brandes Investment Partners
Human Resources Department
11988 El Camino Real, Suite 600
P.O. Box 919048
San Diego, CA 92191-9048
Brandes Investment Partners, L.P. will not request credit information or reports (or other sensitive information) from a job candidate via email. Please report any suspicious emails from Brandes at Careers@Brandes.com.
For more information about the Brandes Research Associate Program see the brochure: RA Brochure 0814
Congratulations to our 2014 Certified Management Accountant (CMA) scholarship winners!
- Genesis Gomez
- Yat Ko
- Milad Khoury
- Emily Lin
- Kailey Montgomery
These five winners are undergraduate accounting minors at the Rady School of Management. We are proud of their outstanding academic records and pursuit of scholarship opportunities!
The Accounting Circle online journal published an entry about Rady and the scholarship winners. You can check it out here.
Be sure to check the Rady Undergrad blog and Facebook pages for details about the 2015 scholarship application.
Rocket Lawyer, an integrated cloud legal services platform based in San Francisco is co-hosting a free workshop with Yelp and Main Street Hub on USD’s campus this Friday (8/22) at 9:00 a.m. about legal and marketing best practices for small businesses. It’s a lively, discussion-based event that would be valuable for students interested in pre-law, IP/Internet law/ethics, marketing communications, and social media management. It would also be a great networking opportunity for students interested in working in the tech space.
UCSD Students Welcome!
As an UCSD Alumnus, I wanted to let you know about an accounting internship we have available at GovX, Inc. See below for details about the company and position.
If you would like to be considered, please send an email to me at email@example.com. This should include a brief cover letter and estimate of hours available per week included in the body, as well an attached resume (file type should not matter- I will let you know if I’m having trouble opening). Resumes are due no later than Friday, August 29, but we are looking for someone to start within the next two weeks and continue through the quarter.
Feel free to call or email me with any questions!
Accounting Intern at GovX, Inc.
GovX Inc. is a startup e-commerce website that delivers its members (military, fire, first responders, and more) select products with exclusive pricing.
GovX Inc. thrives on its superb customer service around a largely direct-from-manufacture purchasing system using a sophisticated, inter-connected, e-commerce platform connecting us with our shippers, manufacturers and our entire customer support team and manufacturer support team.
With its rapid growth stage underway, GovX Inc. seeks highly motivated men and women who want to work on a winning team with a mission, where their contributions to that mission are recognized and rewarded.
- GovX’s accounting department, located in La Jolla, California is offering a paid internship with the potential for further opportunities with the company down the line.
- Accounting-related clerical tasks including data entry and filing of electronic and paper files
- Process invoices in Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks Pro
- Communicating with third party vendors with respect to accounts payable
- Special projects as needed
- Must be actively enrolled or a recent graduate at an accredited local University, with a major or minor that is within the Economics or Accounting departments. Current GPA of 3.0 or above.
- High level organization and attention to detail required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Excel and Adobe Acrobat preferred
- Minimum of 8 hour commitment per week
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without Visa sponsorship.
- Build resume and explore career options
- Potential letter of recommendation
- Opportunity to grow into full-time position
- Supervision and interaction with all levels of accounting department
- Flexible scheduling to allow for midterms, finals, and changes in class schedule
- Casual dress
- Bagel Friday
- Workplace in downtown La Jolla, close to Bus 30 route
- Starting pay is $10/hour
7817 Ivanhoe Ave., Suite 301
La Jolla, CA 92037